• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Tauren Spiritwalker Ethereal Looks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there,

I was wondering if there's anyone that knows a good trick to make a custom unit with the Spiritwalker looks appear as if he's in corporeal form. Is there any good trick for this?

Level 25
Well it depends on how you want it to work, if you want your unit to be able to attack and be attacked normally do

or
  • enter map
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Peasant
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 70.00% transparency
If you want the unit to just be in corporeal form, create a custom ability out of corporeal form, YOU DO NOT NEED TO SET THE NORMAL FORM OR ALTERNATIVE FORMS.
Create a custom spell out of the spellbook ability, add your corporeal form to this spellbook.
Then add a simple trigger like this:
  • Disable Spells
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable Corporeal Spellbook for Player 1 (Red)

Attachments

• DzCorporealForm.w3x
    19.4 KB · Views: 32
Level 19
Hmm. I always thought corporeal form looked different than other transparency abilities like Permanent Invisibility, but it actually does look the same.
I guess I can just easily work with the Transparancy change in animation settings.

Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.