• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tauren Buildings

Description:
Structures for the Tauren Race. The designs are based on WOW and made using wc3 resources.

Note/s:
*Use Tauren Totem building to replace the Altar of Storms to respawn heroes.
*The tent is just the normal Tauren Tent but with birth animation and team color.
*Watchtower will be replaced in future updates.

Updates:
  • Removed unused textures, materials and animations
  • Added foundation for Tauren Tent, model will no longer appear floating in air when built on a cliff
  • Changed the texture of Lounge's foundation from stone to wooden.
  • Added icons in the pack
  • Removed duplicate and unused tracks
  • Removed free vertices and bones
  • Removed unused textures, materials and Global sequences
  • Removed unused and duplicate key frames
  • Fixed the Geoset extents
  • And many more fixes applied

Notify me for any issues in any models. Thank you!
Contents

Armory (Model)

Armory (Icon)

Barracks (Icon)

Barracks (Model)

Great Hall (Model)

Great Hall (Icon)

Hall (Icon)

Hut (Icon)

Lounge (Model)

Lounge (Icon)

Lumbermill (Model)

Lumbermill (Icon)

Roost (Model)

Roost (Icon)

Spirit Lodge (Model)

Spirit Lodge (Icon)

Tent (Model)

Tent (Icon)

Watch Tower (Model)

Watch Tower (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
Very well made Tauren adaptation of Orc and Nightelf buildings. Lovely and clever use of textures. Great job! :)
This is incredibly cool! It would be cool if you did the same with Orcs. Would use orc buildings from WoW, and replace them with textures based on the standard 3 warcraft. It would be very cool to do the same thing, for example, with the Burning Legion, or with the Centaurs, for example, they seem to have a lot of buildings in WoW

And most importantly, these are the buildings of the Nerubians from WoW, and not even the Nerubians but the Scourge. All these buildings can be replaced with textures of nerubian architecture from old Warcraft 3, and it would be incredible. Why are the scourge too? Because the architecture of the scourge is the buildings of the Nerubians, which the scourge has changed a little in its own way. Both Nerubian buildings and Scourges can be altered with Warcraft 3 Nerubian architecture. I think that would be incredible

I hope you can do it. You are well done :)

Level 48
The Armory, Lounge and Lumber Mill look a little too similar in my opinion. Other than that, absolutely amazing work. :)

Also consider using more than 1 texture for the leather covers (rooves) of the buildings. That will make the pack look less monotonous and each building more distinct. I would recommend the Tauren/Centaur Hut doodads as well as other neutral buildings (Mercenary Camp, Gnoll Hut, Furbolg Hut, etc), Orc Campaign Screen textures, Orc building textures, and basically anywhere you can find rugged cloth or leather. Variation is key, alongside deviating from the in-game models (esp. orc buildings).

Finally, you could try and change the totem on the Barracks building to make it unique and different from the in-game Tauren Totem. Using doodad textures, changing the shape, order and individual parts of it would greatly help.

Level 41
The Armory, Lounge and Lumber Mill look a little too similar in my opinion. Other than that, absolutely amazing work. :)

Also consider using more than 1 texture for the leather covers (rooves) of the buildings. That will make the pack look less monotonous and each building more distinct. I would recommend the Tauren/Centaur Hut doodads as well as other neutral buildings (Mercenary Camp, Gnoll Hut, Furbolg Hut, etc), Orc Campaign Screen textures, Orc building textures, and basically anywhere you can find rugged cloth or leather. Variation is key, alongside deviating from the in-game models (esp. orc buildings).

Finally, you could try and change the totem on the Barracks building to make it unique and different from the in-game Tauren Totem. Using doodad textures, changing the shape, order and individual parts of it would greatly help.

Thanks for the suggestion, ill update it soon once I have the time.

Level 7
I have to admit I don't see many custom Tauren models, much less for buildings. I admit that the Watchtower could perhaps do with a more different look, perhaps as a more sturdy wooden construct. But it's good work.

Level 48
Again, please update these separately. You can always make a pack in the Packs section.

Isn't this sort of the whole point of allowing "packs" in the model section now though? To bunch together related and similar models? With the new Search feature being what it is, finding all of Bakr's Tauren structures will be difficult for someone looking for it if they were each a separate upload. As a pack it's much easier to get the whole shebang with a single click.

Fair point, maybe I'm misunderstanding the rules/guidelines around this. @General Frank or @Mister_Haudrauf will probably know better.

People have been doing this for years now and it is totally fine.
You seen me do it also and you are doing it yourself too.

I am totally okay with this as long as the uploader does not deliberately abuse this to upload and update stuff too much.

HKB

HKB

Level 4
Thank you, man. I love the architecture you make, and I love making new race maps, which is very useful to me. If you could make a building about the alliance of ice trolls, walrus men, mammoths, and bear monsters, it would be interesting.

Level 41
Is there a way to resize or stretch vertices without affecting the textures?, that is actually my issue with this pack. The textures are not actually the way I envisioned them to be.

Actually im still in the process of learning how to properly create wc3 models. I greatly enjoy making things and making them work in game. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Level 4
GREAT!
finally someone who created more buildings for other races, not only humans and undeads!
the one who'll create night elves ones will be legendary for his innovation

Level 7
GREAT!
finally someone who created more buildings for other races, not only humans and undeads!
the one who'll create night elves ones will be legendary for his innovation
I have to admit, having animated trees is a rather interesting concept, but surely that can't be the extent of Night Elven architecture, right?

Level 4
I have to admit, having animated trees is a rather interesting concept, but surely that can't be the extent of Night Elven architecture, right?

For sure!
But it would be "enought" just a higher definited version, like a lot of other units here. I don't preted a reforged-like (I'm not even interested), but a middle-way or somewhat. I said that in various topic because I really believe in this. And a little research is enough to prove it. Compare to other races's buildings and see. I don't understand why in all of these years nobody created new ancients (corrupted ones apart, because they're actually in the game already)
I'd create myself I had time etc to learn

Level 30
Nice Pack. I see potential in you.
Well please fix the following:
TaurenGreatHall:
- 1 Material isn't used, if you delete the unused Material then please check, if an unused texture pops up via Sanity Tester.

TaurenLounge:
- 2 Materials aren't used.
- 1 unused Texture: Textures\Yellow_Glow.blp

TaurenLumberMill:
- Please Clear and Delete the "Unused" Animation.

TaurenWyvernRoost:
- 1 Material isn't used.

TaurenTent:
- Please add a foundation to the structure. Just look at the Orc Burrows. Reason: If you place/build the Tent near Steep Cliffs it will hover over the Ground.

------------------------------------------------
Setting it to Awaiting Update.

Level 41
TaurenGreatHall:
- 1 Material isn't used, if you delete the unused Material then please check, if an unused texture pops up via Sanity Tester.

TaurenLounge:

TaurenLumberMill:

TaurenWyvernRoost:
- 1 Material isn't used.

TaurenTent:
- Please add a foundation to the structure. Just look at the Orc Burrows. Reason: If you place/build the Tent near Steep Cliffs it will hover over the Ground.

Thanks a lot!!!

Though it will take a while for me to update all of them due to some problems with schedules. I will fix them right away once I have free time.

Thanks again!!!

Level 41
TaurenGreatHall:

TaurenLounge:

TaurenLumberMill:

TaurenWyvernRoost:
- 1 Material isn't used.

TaurenTent:

Done with the updates, thanks again

Thanks for the update. There are a few technical issues remaining though:

Great Hall:
-Several geoset animations and objects have duplicate tracks
-Light Omni1 has an invalid max attenuation (should be max 200)
-Set visibility animations interpolation to None instead of Linear

Lounge:
-OrcBarraks.blp is unused

Lumber Mill:
-1 unused material

Wyvern Roost:
-Geoset 0 and 15 are each referenced by 3 geoset animations

Most of the models also have unused animation tracks and incorrect numbers of sequence extents. This doesn't cause any problems ingame so it's not required to fix, but it would be nice :p

Level 25
Awesome models. Maybe you could change the default icon names to something like BTNTaurenLumberMill to not replace existing icons. Tier 1 - 3 models plus icons would be nice. A separate altar building would be better since people might want to use the Totem as regular Totem building.

Last edited:
Level 1
Great buildings with which Tauren can be made into a fully-fledged custom race. I am thinking of a custom campaign with Tauren as the main protagonists, fighting against Centaurs, Quillboars, Harpies, but then they have to stop demon cultists from summoning demons that would destroy the entire world. I can also imagine an alternate Warcraft III storyline with Tauren as the heroes, instead of the Orcs.