• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tauren ancients/buildings?

should taurens have ancients?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Ancients are a Night Elf thing. Tauren are nodamdic, and live in a giant savanah. I can't see them having spirits of earth and trees helping

Yeah... Tauren DotC <_< >_>

Make one of those large totems that are in WoW. They stick above a few Tauren settlements, most especialy Thunder Bluff and Grimtotem... Something

Level 11
Mecheon said:
Ancients are a Night Elf thing. Tauren are nodamdic, and live in a giant savanah. I can't see them having spirits of earth and trees helping

Yeah... Tauren DotC <_< >_>

Make one of those large totems that are in WoW. They stick above a few Tauren settlements, most especialy Thunder Bluff and Grimtotem... Something
ahh yes made some of those, but they're for UL, points to sig

Level 4
Their buildings should be cloth hut-type things with kodos next to them and then the buildings can pack up on the kodo and move around slowly, like the ancients. tauren are nomadic and move/migrate around the plains.

Level 11
Dragonfox said:
Their buildings should be cloth hut-type things with kodos next to them and then the buildings can pack up on the kodo and move around slowly, like the ancients. tauren are nomadic and move/migrate around the plains.
they are no longer nomadic, and i aldready jhave an idea about them, loading towers on kodos, but all thier buildings? i'm not sure what do u guys think?

Level 11
hm...

Mecheon said:
Make just one on Kodo building

Other Tauren buildings would be like the Longhouses in WoW and stuff

And of corse Tauren DotT that turns into a carrion bird or hawk<_< >_>
the druid is done, it turns into a bear and eagle i may change it to like a dragon or bull or wolf, but i dunno, but it's for unsung legends

Level 4
their town hall should be able to move once it gets to tier two and three. that would be cool.

(map idea) give the tauren a Nomadic upgrade that makes most of their buildings moveable.

Level 11
Dragonfox said:
their town hall should be able to move once it gets to tier two and three. that would be cool.

(map idea) give the tauren a Nomadic upgrade that makes most of their buildings moveable.
hmm.. interesting the townhall possibly, and maybe the buildings, perhaps, but any ideas for how the buildings should look? maybe concept art or a building model to base it off. and how should the build anim look like?

Level 4
hmm. I think the buildings should be made of cloth and maybe kodo bones. and the build anim should have all this dust swirling around the building that is being constructed.

Level 11
Dragonfox said:
hmm. I think the buildings should be made of cloth and maybe kodo bones. and the build anim should have all this dust swirling around the building that is being constructed.
well maybe but i was thinking of two builders wisps and youths, wisps start the building and youths can speed it up, and i was thinking it might be a like a nightelf anim, but with fir eor lihgtning, and ancestral ghosts circling it

Level 6
For unsung legends this, for unsung legends that. Men! What in the name of... is NOT for unsung legends!! I thought you daid you wouln't make a WoW look a like but you do with those buildings. I KNOW people want that WoW buildings so ADD them! Ore add different Tauren buildings for WoW then you use for that stupid project of yours. I asked you many times to please make models but the only thing you can say is: '' is for unsung legends''. Why do you ask for answers for tauren buildings then? BE MORE SPECIFIC!!

:wink: :D _____________________
Working on World of Warcraft: Mulgore, one of my big World of Warcraft projects

Level 11
Nazghul_Master said:
For unsung legends this, for unsung legends that. Men! What in the name of... is NOT for unsung legends!! I thought you daid you wouln't make a WoW look a like but you do with those buildings. I KNOW people want that WoW buildings so ADD them! Ore add different Tauren buildings for WoW then you use for that stupid project of yours. I asked you many times to please make models but the only thing you can say is: '' is for unsung legends''. Why do you ask for answers for tauren buildings then? BE MORE SPECIFIC!!

:wink: :D _____________________
Working on World of Warcraft: Mulgore, one of my big World of Warcraft projects

i don't think you quite realize that it is not my dtuy to post models that i make, i am not getting paid for anything i do, and tauren buildings will be released, since they won't all be needed... anyways i choose which models will be released...

Level 6
Yeah, sure! But there is not much choice, is there?

It's an idee, but... have you EVER heard of an Ancient Tauren building?

Well, it's your choice, but next time tell in the begin you DON'T mean WoW models. :wink: :D

Level 11
Nazghul_Master said:
Yeah, sure! But there is not much choice, is there?

It's an idee, but... have you EVER heard of an Ancient Tauren building?

Well, it's your choice, but next time tell in the begin you DON'T mean WoW models. :wink: :D
well i will, release them, but what if the news is right eh?

Level 6
Lol, mecheon. Why don't you add them then? What do you do then with all those models?

There can be to reasons:

1e: You are so bad i modelling that you NEVER EVER want to show them to ANYBODY because you feel ashame

2e: You're busy with your OWN (little) project

Otherwhise there is only the possiblity to let your models ROT away because you don't use them ore nobody will.

(sorry if i'm talking to loud, i'm a bit angry :twisted: )

The reason to add them is that you can maybe even win the directors choice price if you're good and you will win lots of apprecaition!!

Think BOTH about it because many people like much choice in models and if one of you start adding WoW buildings (witch have never been add before, otherwhise give me the link!!) that's unique because NO ONE does yet!!
:wink: :D

Level 25
The reason I don't release half of my models is that

1. They're too damn basic and easy to make. Sure my walking-flying alternating Gargoyle is good, but its so damn easy to make that I'm not gonna release it. Sure my multitude of Orc Dragon riders are nice, but they use the basic same system for them and I'm too lazy to add bones
2. I'm using them for my project. While some people may want the entire Raptus race, I'm only releasing two, and you'll need to wait for a certain project to be finished for the rest
3. I'm giving it to someone else. I will do the occaisonal request, and I obviously give that model to the person privatly, as I don't want about 10 million people getting their hands on the model

So what if we want our models to rot on our hard drive? Thats our decision that WE make for ourself, not anyone else make for us. And DC is just a basic move in category, it means only that the moderator likes it

Models take time and effort. Sometimes we'll just leave them to sit around rather than show them off. Though allowing other people to use them is a nice thing, you're gonna use your models for whatever you made them for first off

Level 11
Nazghul_Master said:
Lol, mecheon. Why don't you add them then? What do you do then with all those models?

There can be to reasons:

1e: You are so bad i modelling that you NEVER EVER want to show them to ANYBODY because you feel ashame

2e: You're busy with your OWN (little) project

Otherwhise there is only the possiblity to let your models ROT away because you don't use them ore nobody will.

(sorry if i'm talking to loud, i'm a bit angry :twisted: )

The reason to add them is that you can maybe even win the directors choice price if you're good and you will win lots of apprecaition!!

Think BOTH about it because many people like much choice in models and if one of you start adding WoW buildings (witch have never been add before, otherwhise give me the link!!) that's unique because NO ONE does yet!!
:wink: :D

Yeah, you get en mecheon... anyways nazghul, i don't think you realize you are talking to the models moderator, he wouldn't be one if his models suck, i know you hate to wait, but know what? Ominous Horizons is an entire race of taurens, buildings, etc. all from scratch, they look awesome, but if they release them now, thier pproject will lose it's well bang, when they do release thier project everyone will rush to get it cause of the models... that's why i save most of mine, though a tauren warrior will be released to thank the community for putting up with my mediorcre warriors :) just need a skinner

Level 11
Mecheon said:
OH rocks

Hows that... Which one were you making again? How's it coming along anyway?
YEAH, i'm making the brawler, but i have got a lot of stuff to do and have put it on hold, this thread is for ideas later on. I'm finished the brawler mesh, and am gonna start animating soon.

and mecheon do you know any skinners interested in skining tauren?

Level 11
Nazghul_Master said:
Weird models, i bet they're hard to make but they dont really look like taurens to me (if they are them of course) only their feet maybe... :wink: :D
D
true some of my more bizarre ones, i especially like the catapault guy, the archer is a female (duh) as well as the one on the kodo so they look different, the warrior (weaponless and the biggest one there) is supposed to be a good regular tauren took loads of time to makes, the others are supposed to be unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.