• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taunt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have a boss fight in one of my maps. When the boss reaches a certain amount of life remaining it becomes invulnerable, changes its alliance to treat the heroes as an ally (to ignore them) and is ordered to move to a location. Once it reaches the location it channels a healing spell. The heroes have to act quickly to stop the channeling or the boss will heal.

This works great most of the time. But one of my heroes has a taunt ability and if I use it after the boss has become invulnerable it will still attack my heroes. It makes it so I cannot attack the boss because it is invulnerable and it ignores the order to move to a certain location.

So basically all I need is to know the best way to get my boss to ignore a taunt. Apparently making him treat the heroes like an ally doesn't work like I thought it should.

My thoughts are I could take the part where he is ordered to move and put it in a separate trigger that runs every x seconds until he reaches the target point. But if there is a better way that doesn't involve adding another trigger it would be preferable.

Level 14
It is based on the normal taunt spell. It is enhanced with triggers by adding armor and other attributes when used. But this doesn't affect the taunt itself

Level 12
Maybe you can prevent taunt from effecting your boss.

First make your boss invulnerable via adding invul ability, not directly from trigger action.Then make 2 seperate triggers.

• start effect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Taunt
      • (Level of invulnerable for BOSSUNIT) greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Player - make (triggering player) treat BOSSPLAYER as an Ally
      • Wait 0.00 seconds
      • Player - Make (triggering player) treat BOSSPLAYER as an Enemy

These will prevent taunt effec on boss.When taunt is cast, player will be ally with boss.Once taunt spell completely finishes they will be enemy again.

Edit:Just use 1 trigger.

Edit2:If you want more accurately you can use a timer which expire in 0.00 seconds at another trigger.But it is not neccesary.The time interval is too little to notice.

Level 12
Yeah I thought that will work too if spell immune boss won't cause problem for players in game.

Level 14
If I add spell immunity and then remove it after the channeling is done does it revert back to non-spell immune? I haven't been able to test it out yet

Level 14
Right, thanks.

I figured as much but I know there are certain problems with abilities like locust that don't get removed (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.