• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tauer's Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Wow, that's good. Your on a streak Tauer. Is it just me or have you guys notice that those RED EYES make a big difference on these orcs. I think it makes them look scarier, the way they should look.

Tauer, I found something that might give you some ideals. If you have the Tides of Darkness book by Aaron Rosenberg, look on the last paragraph of page 345. It gives a nice description of some orcs.

Are you going to release all these grunt models in a single pack when your finished?

Level 39
Wow, that's good. Your on a streak Tauer. Is it just me or have you guys notice that those RED EYES make a big difference on these orcs. I think it makes them look scarier, the way they should look.

Tauer, I found something that might give you some ideals. If you have the Tides of Darkness book by Aaron Rosenberg, look on the last paragraph of page 345. It gives a nice description of some orcs.

Are you going to release all these grunt models in a single pack when your finished?

Hey thanks, I actually just got that book!
Idk, I might release one single pack.

So, which one should I do now?

Level 6
The Orcs described on page 345, I believe are the Burning Blade clan. It doesn't say, I just assume because I read from the Wowwiki that the Burning Blade clan was saved for the last battle of the 2nd war. This was because they were very skilled warriors yet too difficult to control because of their bloodlust, so they were only to be unleased in the Hordes most dire circumstances. Maybe you should do them next.Burning Blade clan - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

Level 5
A G R E E D Do it make an awsome rapeage epicly ownage blackhand!
Damn your guys get better everytimme. i just wish some one woulda done this for humans like the sliver hand the scarlet crusade the kultrais guys and shit D: My favorate race never gets anything, Well i guess it woulda been hard any way beacause humans all look the same D:
Keep your outstanding work up though =D!!!

My beutifal colors gone........

Last edited:
Level 39
Alright, I'm making Burning Blade Grunt next. After that I might make Blackhand.
I'm trying to base it off this description from the novel Tides Of Darkness:

"They were orcs, but orcs like he had never seen. These were massive creatures, with thick arms and stout legs, and their hair was worn in spikes that rose above them like bird crests or horse manes. The orcs had no armor, wearing only loincloths, shoulderpads and furry boots, and wielded their weapons with mad abandon, hacking and stabbing everything within their reach. Their green skin was heavily tattooed, and most of them had jagged bits of metal or small bits of what look like bone shoved through ears, noses, brows, lips and even nipples. They were savages, and the men were falling back before their frothing attack."

As JimBob said, it's likely that these are the Burning Blade Clan. Any suggestions? What should I include from the description and what shouldn't I?
I'm thinking that I'll give them a burning blade :p

Level 39
I don't really like the hammer on the Blackrock Grunt. It's way too big. An axe would fit better, in my opinion.

The Shattered Hand orc looks original! Good job.

Yeah, that's what I originally planned but turns out that the preferred weapon in the Blackrock Clan is actually a hammer.

Lolomgwtf!!!
You... Are... Awesome!!!

I love the shattered hand grunt, would use it as a uruk hai in my lotr map.

Do you know were to get Pheonix-IVs model?

Hehe, thanks ;)

Here's a link to Pheonix-IV's model pack. Don't know if the links still work though.
Pheonix-IV's Model Pack

Level 24
Yes, I agree on that one, Tauer.
Anyways, so far you've done:
*Blackrock
*Warsong
*Shattered Hand
And you are currently doing Burning Blade.
The only one(s) I think that would really be useful after that would be Frostwolf, Twilight's hammer, Bleeding Hollow and Shadowmoon, quite a few actually. :p

Level 39
Actually Gul'Dan was originally a part of the Shadowmoon Clan I believe. He made the Stormreaver Clan to protect himself from Doomhammer after he seized control of the Horde and killed his Shadow Council.

I'm not sure I'll make grunts for Shadowmoon or Stormreaver. Might make some kind of Warlock or Shaman units for them though.

Level 9
Can I request Bleeding Hollow after Burning Blade? Cuz I'm making a campaign and I require Grunts (and possibly Raiders) of Blackrock(check) Warsong(Check) Bleeding Hollow, Burning Blade and Shattered Hand(check) for the first level. So I was wondering if you don't mind you could make other clan units besides grunts when you're done with 'em?

Level 7
All your models are outstanding! I especially liked Guldan (I actually downloaded him weeks ago)

Looking forward to the Burning Blade!

Level 39
This is the gear I'm thinking I'll give the Burning Blade grunt. With a new weapon of course. Any suggestions?
attachment.php

Attachments

• progress.jpg
    progress.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 2,699
Level 6
Add a blade to him and maybe some piercings. Is it possible to get rid of his hair and maybe even his helm altogether, because I've seen a lot of bald orcs? Or maybe you can just give him a ponytail with some forehead painting. That would look cool.

As for the Shadowmoon and Stormreaver clan. Well, I couldn't really imagine any powerful grunts coming from them because their mostly just warlocks and Shamans, so don't worry about making the Stormreavers. However, you did control the Shadowmoon clan in the warcraft 2 expansion, so I'll read about them and see what it says; I'll get back to you on that. In the mean time don't worry about making them.

There are also two other clans; The Black Tooth Grin Clan and the Bonechewers. The Bonechewers dressed them selves in trophies of their slain enemies. The Black tooth were originally part of the Blackrock clan. They liked to knock their own teeth out and they got a cool banner. You don't have to make them seeing that I'm the only one who's mentioned them so, you decide.

Yea, I also think you should do the Bleeding Hollow grunt next. Just because we've already talked a little about what you should do for him.

Don't forget, I put a picture of a Twilights Hammer grunt somewhere on this thread in case your going to make one.

Last edited:
Level 9
If at all possible I say take off the the helmet and the hair and replace it with a headhunter mohawk because it said spike coming from their head, so when I hear that I think of a mohawk and also the shoulderpads don't fit, maybe make em leather? And take off the.... Buckles? Are they buckles? Anyways take em off and put a furry trim cause it said nothing but loincloths, shoulderpads, and furry boots. also I would remove the belt but keep the loincloth and almost COMPLETELY cover his body with tattoos and markings. And possibly make him a bit more muscular?

Level 6
Alright, I just read about the Shadowmoon clan. Their mostly made up of shamans or warlocks depending on the era. Even in WOW, they take the role of spell casters. So, I don't see the need to make them when we have no clue what a shadowmoon warrior looks like.

You know what; you can save that bone armor for the Bonechewer grunt. That's if you want to make one. I guarantee you that if you've read "Beyond the Dark Portal" or will read it; you'll want to make one.

Level 2
Firstly i have to say i LOVE your work, both the grunts and the hero-types. secondly I think the shoulderpads you are currenly using for the burning blade clan might fit better for the bonechewers. Also for the stormreavers and shadowmoon, maybe you could make a grunt-type shortrange magic unit? (battlemage style)

Level 39
Well, too late cause he's done. I tried removing the helm, but I couldn't make it look like realistic hair.
models_6777_screenshot.jpg

I actually suddenly did remember the Bonechewers, but by then I had almost completed the model.
If someone uses it you can of course use it for a Bonechewer as well. That's up to you.

Download link.
BurningBladeGrunt - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Last edited:
Level 2
Well maybe you could use more humanlike skulls for the bonechewers, because those "demon-like" you used on the burning blade fit pretty well. Although the helmet "hair" looks a little weird I'm sure it'll look great ingame.

Level 6
LOL, I didn't think of that; he can pass off as a Bonechewer as well. Nice Job, I love the piercings.

Level 6
I am making a campaign and i would appreciate a female burning blade grunt if it's not too much trouble. It could be based on Cavman's female grunt, though you would have to get his permission for that. Meh, whatever works for you.

Level 6
Alright, so all you got left is Bleeding Hollow and Twilights Hammer. Oh, yea are you going to do the Black tooth grin?

As for the other clans; L. Skull are made up of spies and led by the Ogre Mogar.
Stormreavers, Shadowmoons are spellcasters, thunderlords are mostly raiders and the Drangonmaw has already been done, so we don't need grunts for these clans.

What else is there?

Oh, yea, the Frostwolf, but I don't see why we can't just use the regular grunt for them.

Can't seem to re post it; won't let me. It's on page 5, very bottom.

Level 6
Twilight's Hammer grunt is on page 5, very bottom. It won't let me re post it for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.