• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tauer's Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
This better?
attachment.php

I lightened it a bit. Any suggestions for a weapon and face his head?

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,119
Level 6
Grunt looks alright so far, but I would say it still needs something. Put the logo of it's clan on it somewhere if that's possible. I've seen artwork of grunts with their clan logo on their shoulder armor. As for the face paint, I would save that for the blackrock orc like the one on my avatar. Keep up the good work.

Level 39
A little progress update on the Clan Grunts. Next one is Blackrock Grunt.
attachment.php

He's not done yet. Right now, it's just a skin. I'm thinking that I'll add a team-coloured shoulderpad on his right shoulder. And I'll have to do something about his face as well + give him a warhammer instead of the axe.

Attachments

• progres2.jpg
    progres2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,253
Level 6
Yea, add some team color to it. Wait, what time period are you making this blackrock orc for? Is it for the orcs under Doomhammer in the 2nd war or the orcs in WOW under Rend Blackhand. If it's for Rend's warriors, than you should give the orc gray skin. Oh, and are you going to do grunts for all the orc clans? If you have the old Warcraft 2 manual you will find a picture of a Twilights Hammer Clan Orc in it, just to let you know if you decide to do one for that clan.

Level 16
Also add the Flag from the Fel-Blademaster, since thats the
Blackrock-banner. I dont mean he should wear the whole flag, just
use that texture for a cape or maybe some sort of shield (shield
just because "Blackrock" [i know that blackrock is a mountain]
sounds pretty solid and it would show differences in every clans
favored tactics)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The models on the first post look great!

I can't say the same for Kargath Bladefist... he's... forced, if you get what I mean. Few things about him: the beard is bad (low-res?), it would be best done like Thrall's. The glow makes it impossible for the model to be used as a unit (well, not really, but it always looks bad, doesn't it?). If you could remove it and add a decay animation, you would open a lot of other uses for the model. And what's that huge brown thing behind his head? A coat? If yes, then you should perhaps lower it's size, it looks kinda ridiculous.

Good work on the Warsong Grunt. So you're really creating a grunt for EVERY clan?

Level 39
Hmm, I don't really understand why you would wanna remove the glow and add a decay animation, seeing as he's a hero unit?
Yeah, the beard could be better. It was one of the first skins where I really tried to use freehand as much as possible, so the quality of the skin isn't the best.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
He might be a hero unit, but I could always pick it to make it a different character, or I could just want to use it as a unit... Removing the glow and adding a decay animation (the dissipate one can remain, by the way) opens up a few doors, that's all I'm saying. I understand the purpose of the model is to be used on a hero.

Keep up the good work!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
No, what you should do is give him both Decay and Dissipate anims, but keep the Hero Glow.
Why? Because it's much easier to remove hero glow then to add it correctly (I say "correctly" because it's pretty easy to add hero glow, but you can't get it on the weapons as easily, and it looks worse in-game then if it was originally put on the model.)

Just put all the hero glow on one geoset and people can delete it at their leisure.

Level 19
Yay, Those grunts are fucking awesome, the Warsong Grunt is my favourite, but the ner'zhul model is by far one of the most outstanding orcs i've seen.

Keep It up :thumbs_up:

Also I'd like to see these orcs, don't know who they are, but they are pretty awesome.

Attachments

• WarCraft_Samwise012c.jpg
    WarCraft_Samwise012c.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 351
  • orcrider.jpg
    orcrider.jpg
    863.4 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Level 39

Attachments

• blabla.jpg
    blabla.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,004
Level 39
Shattered Hand. I'm having a little troube as to how this one should look. I'm trying to make it fit with my Kargath model as much as possible.
Here's a pic
attachment.php

He's not done yet of course. All the red is TC. I'd like to know what people think of the Shattered Hand symbol on his chest. Because IMO, it looks a bit strange. What do you think?

Attachments

• progress.jpg
    progress.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 883
Level 6
I think the symbol looks good. Cut off his hand and give him a weapon. Change his hair color too, just to add variety. Not all orcs have black hair even though most of them do. So far, so good.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I like it. Very base-line "Grunt"-ish, but also tweaked and interesting enough to be different.

The only things I'd change at this point are the helmet/head and the sword.
- From a top-down perspective, the distinctive horned helmet will look the same as the regular Grunt. So you should modify this somehow (maybe curve the horns up? ooh, maybe break one off, to echo the "shattered hand" thing)
- The weapon looks off... For one, the Grunt's arm just ends in a nub, with this Blood-Elf-lookin' sword pokin' out. Should either be some kind of brutal-edged axe head, or a more Orcish-lookin' sword, as opposed to thin and slight.

Level 6
When you get to the Bleeding Hollow Clan; consider making the grunt look old. As mentioned in the manual, they are veteran warriors. I know it doesn't necessarily mean that they are old but, hey, it will add some variety.

Level 39
When you get to the Bleeding Hollow Clan; consider making the grunt look old. As mentioned in the manual, they are veteran warriors. I know it doesn't necessarily mean that they are old but, hey, it will add some variety.

I'll do that. Thanks for the tip ;)

In what way? If he chops, it works; if he stabs, give the axe a big spike on the top. What else can he do?

The weapon won't reach the target. That's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.