• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Tataroo Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Well, I was practicing my terraining skill
I guess it's still bad though =.='

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tataroo Valley.JPG
    Tataroo Valley.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 634
In terraining, BLizzard Cliffs are not good to use , Don't use it,
You can make custom cliffs by using height tool , first make a mountain, then use plateau tool, then make them smooth .
In placing doodad, you need to use your imagination , as a beginner , you need to study this LINK .
That tutorial will help you to make a better terrain , keep practicing and I hope you enjoy that kind of art .

Reactions: ILH
Level 30
Terrain is quite bad to be honest but there are ways to improve this.

First, there is a waterfall but no water source like where is the water coming from and falling at (I am sure that it has no water source though not sure if it is falling on a water not only shown in screenshot or simply there is none)? You should connect it with a body of water. You could also better use Raise tool to raise ground and make some high platforms instead of Blizzard Cliffs but no grudges to cliffs. Terrain also lacks variations, ground is flat in the platform and could have some combination of tile uses instead of just plainly Grass and Rock Tiles. Trees could be a little bit raised for they look small and lastly, you could add some fogs into it.

Practice and practice and you will be a great terrainer someday!

Reactions: ILH
Status
Not open for further replies.