• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tac-1a

Took me 2 hours, phew. Enjoy.
The differences between them are as shown,
with the portrait being the TC version which is more of a decorative tank and
the model being more suitable for battle.

Update: Added piston.
Update 2: Did what that guy suggested, with the tracks and stuffs.
Contents

TAC-1A (Model)

TAC-1A (Model)

Reviews
22:53, 2nd Jan 2013 -Grendel: looks good and is useful. works in-game btw.

M

22:53, 2nd Jan 2013
-Grendel: looks good and is useful. works in-game btw.

well, when i first saw it i was rly amazed by the filesize, but after i took a close look @ it in Magos, i found many flaws. Here's a list of all the thingies that should be fixed before it's moderated, otherwise it will pretty certainly be rejected :vw_sad::

1. neither of both versions has a portrait. That's the major problem
  2. there are absolutely no event objects (death sound, tracks, etc.)
  3. in the first version, you can remove the Replaceable ID 1 from the Texture Manager and the Material that uses it in the Material Manager. It's not used so it there is no need to keep it
  4. it could need a particle emitter 2 that creates a smoke in the backside of the tower during the walk anim
  5. you should either put a Helper object named ''Origin'' as the first bone, or a parent helper to the bone of the tower named ''Bone_Turret'' to make it aim at its target
  6. the movement of its chains needs to be made with Texture Animations, it moves rly strange the way it is now. Despite that, it moves like it has kinda interruptions.

Please, don't feel insulted by my feedback, i just want to point you out what needs a change. Otherwise, it's a rly good idea, i like that. And the filesize will certainly also stay amazingly low after the corrections. I just pointed all that stuff out in order to help you prevent a rejection of that model. :wink:

Level 20
1. Don't worry, there's a camera so it plays the stand animation. This saves filesize, even though it might only be 1kb, but its still a lot.
2. Idk about event objects actually. I rarely use them.
3. I'll do that.
4. I'll do this too.
5. I'll try my best.
6. Aye.