• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tablet reccommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, i think is time for me to get tablet, but i have zero idea about the model and brand of it... Anyone can reccomend me some? Or give me some link that i can start to check them out?

I have 0 knowledge about hardware :p and those setting graphic card or whatever of those... Know nothing... (Anyplace where i can learn those?)

I've heard like bamboo? Wacom or whatever... Kinda confusing

Level 39
You definately want to get a Wacom. They are the industry standard for a reason.

Which model to buy depends greatly on your budget. Intuos is more expensive but also more accurate, although is is mostly used by professionals.

I personally think the best starter tablet is the Bamboo. It's accurate, not too pricey and you can get a decent-sized one. I have heard good things about the Bamboo Capture.

Make sure to take scale into consideration. Bigger tablets allow you to draw better details but are also more expensive.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I just wondered, are there tablets you can actually draw on ?
I mean, the ones from Wacom and Bamboo are nice, but it is strange to draw on the table and having the results displayed on a screen, no matter whether one gets used to after some time.

Level 39
I just wondered, are there tablets you can actually draw on ?
I mean, the ones from Wacom and Bamboo are nice, but it is strange to draw on the table and having the results displayed on a screen, no matter whether one gets used to after some time.

Yes, what you are referring to are the Cintiq tablets. They have an actual monitor built in that you can draw on. They are very pricey though and I wouldn't recommend them as beginner tablets.

I would love to have one though. It's just way out of my price range right now.

And you really do get used to drawing on a regular tablet. Eventually you'll start to wonder how you ever survived without one :p

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Yes, what you are referring to are the Cintiq tablets. They have an actual monitor built in that you can draw on. They are very pricey though and I wouldn't recommend them as beginner tablets.

Uch, I see, they are heavy..
Thank you, maybe I get one some day, if I don't get along with the Wacom/ Bamboo ones.

Level 39
Uch, I see, they are heavy..
Thank you, maybe I get one some day, if I don't get along with the Wacom/ Bamboo ones.

Yeah, maybe some day... sigh...

NUyttbn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.