• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

System Requirments(Experment!)

How many Turen Chieftains can you handle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Mmk I know everybody hates that word espicly in a mod lol. But this will help us determin what the overall PC power of the WC3 population is so here a little experment that can help us alot.

Most of are models range in the 800-1,300 so for this experment open up your WE and start placing Turen Chieftans around keep placing them and testing it to see how many you can have before it lags to much(and when i mean lag to much as in where you coulden't play well with it). Then vote on the poll so we can see how much high poly units you can handle.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

There is no poll.

EDIT: There it is, my bad.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I can handle the entire scren full of them but then again I do have a "NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS" card which handles even oblivion almost on max at 15-30 fps.
Although when I tried to fill map when on WE and look at it This occured (see atachment)
As you can see it overloaded the texture clamp and most of the taurns were not even rendered but then again I guess thats because of wc3 is not meant to handle soo much.
note that the screenshot was downsized to half to reduce size and also I do know I left the camera borderline on when taking it.
Also im submiting it to show not so much what my computer can handle but what happens in wc3 if too much is on the screen at the same time.

Still my card is prety good considering I play at 1280*1024*32 and get good fps even with modern games on medium-high.
Also moderators if im breaking the rules (im not to sure) with the attachment please state and ill try to remove it imediatly.

P.S. all the shaded parts are taurnes and I did not even get to be able to fill entire map.

Attachments

• Too many taurns.jpg
    Too many taurns.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 548
Status
Not open for further replies.