• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Is moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well Me and Sven came down to a decesion which I predicted we would some time in the future.

Basicly the bottom line is this game engine is old...very old compared to the newer more flexible ones out there we could use. Even though we thought of this before we even started the project we figured it would be a decent start then will move on. Well so far Warcraft 3 been fighting and cursing every model,trigger,system we try to put it in making are lifes one living hell.

We often spend more time trying to fix things before we could even advance on anything else for instance the animations. Have driven us mad with them looking fine on gmax and the model editor only to go crazy when finaly imported into warcraft 3 and the lack of anybody who acutly has knowledge of the "Technical" aspects on how animations run in warcraft 3 has really not helped us out much although me and lich got a real clear view on exactly what a raw animation is in mathitmatical/scripting terms :p.

So as of now this project is canceled to Warcraft 3 and is now moving on to Unreal Tournament 2004(and possibly 2007 in the future.). We are glad to say this project is cancled with pride knowing we haven't made anybody waist hours into are project(besides us lol) into are project only to go to waist "Cough" Project Revalution "Cough".

We will post pics in the 3dmodel section of are new models that will go into are UT version(mainly the same models you see only much more high poly.) I'll also still be around chatting away so not like I'm leaving the site to.

P.S I request Ralle you delete this thread and not waist server space by putting it on the inactive section.

Even though I was expecting this, I hoped that this project will be finished anyway. In warcraft is almost impossible to make modern or futuristic combat (maybe only starcraft can be done decently) because it can't handle tank and airplanes correctly and some other things as for example C&C: Generals can.

Xlightscreen, you want to transfer this project to Unreal Tournament? Warcraft is a RTS, while UT is FPS. I don't understand.

Can you explain the problems you had and what you wanted to do (animations?)? If you don't feel to post, you can PM me.

Will you release those models for warcraft?

Level 36
Well, it is bound to happen, it does all the time, and I completely understand your reasons. WC3 is an old game. The engine is quite old. UT2004 has a very flexible scripting language, and it is still very popular with modders, despite its age. 2007 would be a smart move, because the modding community would be very active, and you would have more next gen options, what with the DX10 support and all. Good luck in the future, and when I finally get UT2007, I hope to see your mod out there :)

Level 10
I must say I foresaw this happening. . .although Might I ask if you have any resources already made/WIP that you might be willing to release to the wcc3 community?

I'm sorry to see the project go. . .and I'm glad you'll be staying in touch so that when I (finally) get ut2004, I will be able to root you out and ask for it =D=D

I wish you the best of luck!

-Deck

Level 32
delete this thread and not waist server space by putting it on the inactive section.
This seems unlikely..the thread itself is just text: cheap on resources and handy as a reminder.

Even though the project forums and threads DO contain some attachments, I think they should also be preserved: they're a record of your hard work and and a save point should the team ever decide to complete the Warcraft III version.

Level 8
Well Like I said we CANCLED this project and have pretty much know plans on coming back

That's what me and Sheepstan did with the first sheeptag. We canceled it, completely abandoned the idea, then decided to finish it about a year later.

Offtopic: Did you forget about that Dodgeball model? It's alright if you did, I found a suitable substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.