1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

System - Recipe Combine 1.4 (GUI & vJass)

Submitted by Dark_Dragon
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Items connection system 1.4 Final.
Setup is done in GUI and system core is in vJass, meaning that you will use it as GUI with performances of vJass.

System is compatible with any Warcraft III Patch!

Requires: JNGP v5d or JNGPS for those who have it

Changelog

Version 1.1 - Sound_Point cleared whit custom script.

Version 1.2 - Now sound custom created, 2x triggers destroyed (dont need them laiter)

Version 1.3 - Totally updated this system to very simple a good item combine system.
Decreased from a big number of global variables to only 4 variables.
Speed of system totally improved, preloaded model file, generated one trigger
less + make it much more friendly and easier to install.

Version 1.3b - Reduced a loop (lot of it) which makes this system much faster now.

Version 1.4 - Made system in vjass, making it very easy to install!

Installation

1) Go to trigger editor and copy Category: 'Trigger Recipe', then paste it in your map.

2) Edit trigger: 'Load Items' to your own needs and enjoy!

NOTE: Make sure that "File\Preferences\Create unknown variables while pasting trigger data" (is enabled)

Have any other question, ask here!

HAVE FUN!!!

Keywords:
Items System, System, Systems, Items, Item Combine, Combine, Connection, Item Connection, Recipe, Recipe System, Recipe Combine, Recipes
Contents

System - Recipe/Disassemble (Map)

Reviews
12.12 IcemanBo: For long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 09:35, 3ndth Sep 2015 This resource has been set to Need Fix by BPower. Reason: Recipe Combine is basically identical to Recipe System without the functionality to disassemble item...
  1. 12.12
    IcemanBo: For long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

09:35, 3ndth Sep 2015

This resource has been set to Need Fix by BPower.

Reason:
    Recipe Combine is basically identical to Recipe System without the functionality to disassemble item recipes.
    The mirror image sound overlaps with the sf sound, hence is not so important difference to the system of dk-diablo.
    However the main reason for my decision is a unit handle leak in your Actions function. The player unit item pickup event occurs frequently and so does the leak.

From moderator to user:
    If you are already using Recipe Cobine 1.4 successfully in your map, please make sure to fix the leak in the TriggerAction function ( function Actions ).
    For this add
    set u = null
    to the end of the function. The remove the
    return
    after the following line:
    call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget(ITEM_COMBINE_EFFECT, u, ATTACH_POINT))

Previous review

Diablo-dk: We do already have a recipe system, but since many people here prefer GUI over jass, this will be approved.
    The dis-advantage of this system is the huge loop.

2. Insaniac69

Insaniac69

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tested it, it works nicely and in a simple GUI system, good job! Though not sure why many people would use the disassemble part of the ability but that was nice too. (Liked how in 2 part combos it only split up the 2nd stage and not every single one in the 2-part combo)
    This should be approved no problem, if theres a reason why it isn't then someone needs to be smacked. >.>

3. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well sorry about that but doing that it disassembles to 1 stage will make some problems to some people if they only want to disassemble the max stage item. If they want one stage less then its simple to cast disassemble again right? However ty for comment.

4. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes I cleard the sound location now. Ok I maded this in GUI because some people say that in GUI cant be done this system so I maded it to show people that it can be done. By the way what do you mean that disassemble part of ability is maded in big loop. It cant be done whitout loop ok, or I cant cut it in less loop. If you think loop can be reduced then tell me how plz.

5. Xarwin

Xarwin

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually it is pretty easy to create this system. But I guess people can always use it...

6. Insaniac69

Insaniac69

Resources:
    Resources:
    Told you! Knew it would be approved fast.

7. Diablo-dk

Diablo-dk

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    when i say dis-advantage i don't mean the disassemble trigger. I meant the combine trigger had a giant loop.

8. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Oh ok sry, I knowe that its a big loop but still do you think it will cause a little lag coz I tested it and no lag ok ^^.

9. Ziken

Ziken

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very useful to most people.

But, you really need to fix that loop, it doesn't matter if you tested it. Testing it on LAN, on your campian custom games, are a lot different that testing it oin battle.net.

That loop will become 3x/5x worst than it is when played on battle.net, and as well, with more people, it will increase even more.

Just fix the loop, and it will be perfect.

10. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm... why doesn't it work for me?:
    I used 2 of the same items to create 1 better item, and that item can also upgrade when you have 2 of those.
    But when I buy 1 weapon, it instantly upgrades 'till the last level...

I used it like this:
    Set Item_need[17] = End
    Set Item_need[18] = Diamond Sword
    Set Item_need[19] = Diamond Sword
    Set Item_need[20] = End
    Set Item_create[6] = Diamond Sword

If I use different items it doesn't do anything.

11. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    ok guys i will try to think of something to try reduce the loop. ap0calypse your problem is very easy to fix i test in my map that stuff you say and it works great. The problem in your map must be something like all this (your) items have same name and i think you miss clicked somewhere and then all system goes down. You must only check did you missclicked some item and/or maybe something other is wrong, maybe whit trigger you imported, if you create your own variable in map whit same name make shure that is has enough big array or maybe some variable in code is set wrong when you whos copying code, try this and it will work for you for sure ^^ because i test this and it works ok gess you will find out where it the bug good luck.

12. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, srry, it just doesn't work :s
    I copy-pasted the triggers again (except load items) and checked all variables, etc...

can you take a look at it? (I'll e-mail the map)

13. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok I send you the map and it works have fun ^^

14. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dark Dragon, you're great, really.
    The system is working perfectly and those triggers you made are very usefull.

Thank You for everything, I hope you can check my map in a few weeks on hive

15. Ninja_Duels

Ninja_Duels

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    wow that is nice but i need some help
    Sound - Play gg_snd_Recipe_Snd at 100.00% volume, located at Sound_Point with Z offset 0.00

plz help me

16. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ninja Duels, I think you can just delete that, it plays a sound when an item is fused at the point of the unit who holds the fused item.
    If you like to hear a sound, just add the sound you like in the sound editor and change the 'gg_snd_Recipe_Snd' to your sound.

17. Dark_Dragon

Dark_Dragon

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes that sound is played when item is fused. You need to go to sound editor, then go to spells\abilities\orc\mirror image\mirror image.wav and right click on her and click use as sound. The sound will appire in your sound list. Double clicl on her change name to Recipe_Snd and set pitch to 1.20, then click ok, goto trigger editor click this gg_snd_Recipe_Snd and click ok do that at every place where it gives you that function is off(where is red trigger icon). Good luck!

18. Tan

Tan

Resources:
    Resources:
    USE THIS EASY RECIPE SYSTEM INSTEAD: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35788S

19. Diablo-dk

Diablo-dk

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Tan, can you explain why we should use that system instead? It is not even a system, it is just a trigger which doesn't seem to have any advantage over this system. This system is clearly easier..