• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Swordsman

Updated Swordsman model.

Created from the HighElf Peasant Model.

Me and General Frank edited and revised the model to make it alot better.

Credits to Elenai/me for: editing/creating the original model, wraping the chest, arms, sword, and pelvic armour, and other tweaks such as adding the pelvic armour and sword.

Credits to General Frank for: wraping the robe, adding the shoulder pads, fixing the decay animation, changing the head/helmet, and all around giving good support.

Give credits to the both of us if you use this in your projects. And ask us first for permission to edit.

Keywords:
swordsman human warrior
Contents

Swordsman (Model)

Swordsman (Model)

Reviews
General Frank: (Approved) Works ingame and is a nice idea. The new portrait file is awesome.

M

General Frank:

(Approved)

Works ingame and is a nice idea. The new portrait file is awesome.

Level 4
this is the meaning about diference...., not excellent, but it is better than nothing i will tell you the true: 7/10 ( the helm is repetitive, and knigts are too monotone, a robed one is impressive, and this one looks like a templair knight, so, i can tell u: "well done")

Level 35
I updated the pic and the model...though it was a small update.

The polycount is not bad. I tested a battalion of these models ingame and it ran fine so it shouldnt lag you.

A shield might be considered in the future, but I do not know. A cape however will probably not happen, as I cannot find a bone set on the High Elf peasant that this model is based on to simulate/support a cape. To be honest though this model reminds me of a Gondor captain or Elendil.

Level 35
RDZ: show me where the bones for the orbs are on the High Elf peasant model and how to attach the orbs to them and i'll gladly make the orb spheres billboards.

However the intent was not to make the sword like the footman's, it was to make it look nice.

Level 13
EPIC indeed Elenai and Gerneal. Olny thing that bugs me is the walk animation dosn't seem to fit a fighting unit (but hey thats what you get with a builder unit), and in one stand animation he stabs himself in the neck. o.0 But the rest if very nice. 8/10

Level 35
I do indeed model Gath. :D

Dont forget to thank General Frank everyone, he deserves as much praise as I do, if not more.

Hmmmz. is there a tutorial on billboarded bone creation.

I also dont think he stabs himself in the face. its looks that way..if its the defend animation he actually lifts his sword to his nose.

Level 9
As I was watching this model`s animations in W3ModelEditor, I noticed, that in death and decay flesh animations there is sword leaving. Is it a bug, or in game this sword is invisible? ;P

And defend animations... He looks very silly with hand near head ;P

And about whole model - great job. Inspired me to make some kind of RPG xD

Level 5
Wewt! Great model! Just wondering though, would it be possible to make the walk animation, a walk and not a retarded run? plus the defend-attack anim is stange... he attacks with one hand and picks his nose with the other.
Also, that guy earlier wanted a cape and you said there had to be a bone for it, the gold sack bone is still there, couldnt that be used?

Level 35
Thank you Maximash.

However: The defend animation looks alot more normal ingame (as you dont see him pick his nose :D)

I looked at many possible walk animations but most of them where also runs. I may in the future change the walk in the update version (when I update it)

The gold sack may be used....but the waving cape might not work as I would have planned it. I will try though.

Level 5
Elenai, i was looking at some models animations... and i thought the Mountain giants walk Upgrade was the closest to a 'Walk'(that looks like hes holding a weapon),i could find, It is possible to scale down and import the animation isnt it?
Also @Elfsilver Lord The cape doesent have to be just as long as the gold sack, it can be longer if it wants :p.

Level 5
I will :D i plan to use this in my map, but its for something a like a royal guard, where they have their swords like the defend animation on this, but... they need to walk and not run otherwise its just lame...(come on.. royal guards that run like tards but look good stood still? naaahh :S)