• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Svenski's Basement Defense (a WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I'd like to suggest a short period of invulnerability after respawning; on many occasions, a hero has been one-shotted after happening to respawn next to a witch on the L4D wave. :cevil:

I can't believe I've never thought of that! This will be implemented immediately. I'll probably make it ~5 seconds of invulnerability. And yeah, we've had that happen plenty of times too hahahah -

Also, my friend and I feel that the heroes are not presently balanced, at least in 2p, where most of them are too weak to succeed at 2p except for Jinx, the gryphon rider, and the druid, who are disproportionally powerful. (Stacking rejuv + AOE attacks + moonfare = very yes.)

We've been having fun except we've been limited to those few heroes in order to get very far.

You would be correct in this suggestion. The game isn't really designed for 2 players (mostly just the way the heroes are designed). I'd recommend trying to get a 3rd player to advance past level 5/6/7 (can't imagine you can get much further than that with only 2p).

In my last test (just this week), my friends and I played a 3 player round for the first time in a while, and we made it to level 14 using Lee as our tank, Patrick as our DPS (primary leveling Moonfire and Moonkin Form, no points in Rejuv or Tree of Life), and Jynx as the healer. We had to retry half way through losing our stacking gold benefit, otherwise we probably could've made it farther.

Also, thank you Miss_Foxy for your encouragement :)

Some side notes:

-The new hero has been designed.
-I have added the new hero's model and framework into the game.
-Still need to create base spells, tooltips, and triggers for the new hero's abilities. (Done)
-Added new hero's page to the website.
-Still need to create some kind of end-game cinematic or something for killing the ultimate neutral boss. (Done)

-Lee's bleed is going to scale with stats. (Strength->Damage, Agi->Crit) (Done)
-Jon's rage is being changed. It is no longer going to be a cooldown, instead you will get attack speed for each time you attack something until you get a killing blow. This will be a passive ability. (Done)
-Lexi's Infernal Guardian is being changed. It will no longer be controllable, and it will have a ranged attack that auto-attacks Lexi's targets. It will also duplicate cast Lexi's spells, dealing a fractional amount of the damage. (Done)

YAY IT'S DONEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I have a few things I want to touch up before releasing anything. After I'm done with those things (extremely minor details and testing some systems) I think I will go ahead and release the game to the map section. It is likely that I will update it again shortly after releasing when I get the chance to actually do some thorough testing on some of the latest content.

Last edited:
Level 7
DtB On the Verge of Release

Hello the Hive!

I played a full test run of DtB with the new hero and testing some of the changes to Lexi and Jonathan. Everything went extremely smoothly up until the final boss level, where we discovered it was completely impossible to actually kill the boss. Since then I've made a few balance changes to the new hero, as well as fixing that final boss level. I'm still not sure if it's going to be possible to kill the final boss, but it should be according to studying the results of our test and the progress we made before dying to the boss's abilities.

I also made a fairly drastic change to mana mechanics that hasn't been tested yet. Intellect now increases max mana by 20 per point (up from 15) and mana regeneration by .15 (down from .2). So there's now 25% less mana regeneration, but mana pools will be 25% larger. I've been noticing during our tests that mana is pretty much ignorable most of the time, especially for casters stacking intellect. It will now be more desirable to conserve mana when possible and obtain mana regenerative items and talents.

My plan is to release the game to the map section as soon as I have the time to tidy up the loadscreen/map preview and update the release numbers and some in game text messages.

~Svenski

Level 7
A final BUMP to this thread. I released the game to the map section for review and approval or whatever goes on over there. Thanks to all who replied to this thread with constructive feedback and I hope you enjoyed whatever you got out of my work on this project. I hope that in the future I can start another project with just as many complexities and carry through with it to the end just as I did with this one. I also plan on continuing to update this game with balance changes if I get the chance to continue playing it and if I get some feedback from a larger player base.

Best regards to all,
Svenski.

Status
Not open for further replies.