• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Superman vs Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Now I put to you a death battle between 2 of probably the most powerful fictional characters ever to enter the human mind.

I've seen this video and I'm quite knowledgeable about both characters, their backgrounds, feats and history and all that they've done.

Before you read past this and watch the video I would like to know who you think would win before seeing/knowing the outcome. Then edit with your comments after watching if you have any (you don't have to do this, but I'd just like to know how you feel before and after the video)

If you want to skip to the actual fight just go to 17:00, otherwise if you don't know much about either character I would recommend listening in :p

My opinion is
I completely and utterly agree with the outcome. Superman can absorb infinite power from the sun and if you've ever seen "supercharged superman" in the comics when he is knocked into the sun. He is basically a god. The biggest defining factor for me is the fact Goku has died and been beaten around a lot of times as he is not indestructible.

VERDICT: Superman can generate the gravity of a blackhole around his fist, Goku cannot withstand that, nor could he ever hope to as planets exploding kill him.

Now gogogogo

PS. I also encourage suggestions of other fights and to discuss the outcome, but first superman vs goku!

Level 3
Hey Divine,

Sorry I am slow to find some topics haha, I know its not new I only discovered it recently, but I liked it none the less and was just curious on peoples opinions haha. Hopefully people who haven't seen it watch it before reading your comment lol

Cheers though

Level 18
chuck-norris-kick-o.gif

/thread

Level 16
Sorry to enter a really nerdy conversation, but I recently watched DBZ and noticed something.

To my knowledge, Superman doesn't grow stronger. Sure he can empower himself from the sun or some shit, but that must be limited.

Goku seems to get stronger after each fight. Exponentially stronger. So potentially, Goku can surpass Superman while Superman remains static. Anyway, that's my two cents.

Level 3
hmm superman can get stronger, he can train as well as absorb radiation from a yellow sun. Goku can get stronger but he can't be knocked into the sun and survive, let alone knocked into the sun and become a god basically.

Supercharged Superman (knocked into the sun) can generate the gravity of a blackhole around his fist when he punches. I'm pretty dam sure Goku can't withstand that

Last edited:
Level 13

uperman has unlimited power at the first place
goku always surpassed his limits and goes beyond his current power by training and such
this two reason is why goku has lost to superman

what about another reason
Goku
--------
Stupid
Love Fighting
kind-hearted
always fight fair and square against worthy opponent

because he is stupid he don't care about his enemy's weaknesses
because he is always fight fair he gives superman a chance
because he is love fighting, he used a little of his power so his opponent can keep up with him
because he is kind hearted; didn't kill superman when he has a chance

Level 3
Well more interestingly, what about ss4 gogeta? I mean we had no clear measure of his power except that he was so infinitely strong that it was literally immeasurable.

I think gogeta would have a better shot at superman

Level 12
Either an endless battle or a draw. Or forget it, maybe Goku wins, because Superman is just silly, he's like my least favorite DC character, his colors, and his lazer that go off from his eyes just sickens me. And because he cannot shoot energy waves with his hands and he has no better alternate forms (or I don't know of one). Lets see the video then...

--------------

Edit: Yeah, I watched the full thing. Duh, the conclusion was bullplob. Hell, Goku can come back from death, they didn't even list that there! No matter what, Goku has more advantage. They have interpretted the fight as they pleased. They just wanted super yank to be victorious, they measured everything about Goku's power in the end, but they didn't do the same for Super Yank. Hell, Goku conquered the death, even if he loses to Superman somehow, he comes back 10 times stronger than him that's his style, lol. I thereby do not acknowledge this result. Those yanks...

Last edited:
Level 16
hmm superman can get stronger, he can train as well as absorb radiation from a yellow sun

Your completely missing my point. Superman can draw power from the sun, however the sun's power is also limited is it not? Therefore there is a cap of how strong Superman can get.

Goku however, seems to exponentially increase his power after each fight. His increase is not bound by limits of suns or other external things. Therefore he is potentially stronger given he has time to train. You say Goku cannot survive entering a sun. Well, if you think about what I said, he can. He simply has to train and become stronger. His potential is limitless, so in theory he can do anything.

kryptonite maybe???

Lol good point. Goku doesn't have a physical weakness of such a magnitude than Superman's. Goku's compassion for friends may intervene (If Superman were to take someone hostage), however there is no physical weakness so great as to completely immobilise his powers.

Level 3
It is true, but as seen in the video we can expect goku to never beat down on someone who is weakened like that, if we take the cell fight for example where he gives him a senzu bean, like WUT
Hence with kryptonite present, goku would just blow it up for him as he does in the video

EDIT: The sun's power is limited, however it goes exponentially beyond what goku peak maximum power was as ss4, and the point I tried to make there is that both of them can get stronger, superman has no limit the same way goku doesn't, they can both train infinitely so to say.

I'm saying that supercharged superman has his ultimate ability, the blackhole punch. Also he can survive in outer space haha.

And yes Goku can come back from the dead, but I don't think he instantly becomes stronger when he dies, its normally that he trains before coming back. So by that measure superman would also be training in this time.
Don't forget superman has survived events that I don't think goku could.

EDIT2: ah shet thought I was editing not typing in the box below -.- excuse the double post

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Now I put to you a death battle between 2 of probably the most powerful fictional characters ever to enter the human mind.
Darksid and Thanos say otherwise. Both are virtually invulnerable, have had a rare cross-publisher fight with each other and are known to flatten entire leagues of super heroes effortlessly.

Thanos could wipe both of your characters from existence with out them realizing. He is one of the few beings known for having defeated Galactus in a fight and also for becoming so powerful that the only person who could stop him was himself. Darksid would attack them when they are weakest, and enslave their friends (or kill them if they refuse). If Darksid ever got the Anti-Life equation he could also take full control over both of your characters as no living being is able to resist the power of the anti-life equation.

Welcome to sci-fi nonsense.

Of course even lesser people could take down both of them. Apocalypse would transform his body into some kind of Kryptonite shooting thing to kill Superman and use a virus to kill Goku. Onslaught would just imagine both of them out of existence and they would be gone, thanks to the power of Mr. Fantastics son that he absorbed. Mr. Fantastics Son could also imagine both of them out of the universe and they would be gone. The Silver Surfer could blast Superman with a beam of Kryptonite energy and absorb Gokus power for use against him. Iron Man would create all manner of Kryptonite and Red Sun weaponry which Superman could not stop and would be powerless against while on Goku he would probably discover some weakness and stop him easily as well. Martian Manhunter could mind manipulate both of them. Professor Exaviour from the X Men could nuke both of their minds effortlessly (yes he can kill though psychic feedback).

And there is more... Rogue could absorb both of their powers to use against them. Galactus could vaporize both of them by lifting his finger. The Anti-Monitor could convert both of them into Anti-Matter which then is absorbed. Hulk, being stronger than both of them, would smash them. Magneto with some Kryptonite could easily finish Superman as Superman could not stop his attacks and probably would also finish Goku by a surprise attack. Lex Luther fused with Braniac would easily stop both of them. The Fantastic 4 would defeat both of them because they are Fantastic.

Let us not forget non-comic fictional characters such as those from video games. Sonic the Hedgehog would go Super Sonic and finish both of them off with ease. The team from Final Fantasy 13 became so tough I doubt both of them would be an issue for them. Mario just needs a few super stars and they are done. Amon from StarCraft II would fry their brains using his Hybrid. The original Archimonde from WC3 who represented the ultimate Arch-Demon of pure chaos was virtually invulnerable thanks to divine armor so nothing either could throw at him would damage him much and his weapon of mass destruction capabilities meant he would not have a problem turning them inside out. Uber Mephisto would lower their damage resistances so low that even a kid could inflict massive damage to them while his skull missile would certainly one shot them thanks to its insane resistances. The Diablo III Monk wearing top end items would kill both of them in less than 1 second.

Let this thread end now!

Last edited:
nobody respond to dsg please. plus 'darkseid' is spelt wrong and no mention of dr. manhattan was made.

anyways, the video is bs. so apparently goku spares superman from kryptonite coz they have to 'stick to the character', yet 10 minutes later superman ends up blowing up the planet on which he has spent his entire liftetime protecting. i think goku is meant to symbolise potentiality, whilst superman symbolises masculine and moral idealism. goku is driven by perpetual improvement, the individual striving for the impossible and obtaining the unobtainable. superman on the otherhand is the pinnacle of physical and moral strength. basically the fight's between a force with immense potential and extraordinary will against a force that has already reached its potential and merely seeks to set a standard for others. based on that, i think conceptually at least goku wins. in practicality, the two would be a tie. there is potential for either to beat each other. throw in a strong sun, and superman wins. throw in a little bit of kryptonite, and/or give goku enough time to train himself and he'll surpass superman.

Level 12
Let us not forget non-comic fictional characters such as those from video games. Sonic the Hedgehog would go Super Sonic and finish both of them off with ease.

Ummm.. What?? That's like, hardly objective point of view.

--------------

Anywaaayyysssss, the reason why I ultimately prefer eastern comic over western comic is, western stuff always make several non-questionable GOD MODE characters, and no matter what situation they could be in, they always win. And that's ridiculous, and way more immature than eastern stuff..

Level 3
Lol whats with all the people wanting to end the thread, just asking for opinion. If you've given your opinion doesn't mean you can end the thread.

And I wrote that as in a lot of ways they are the most powerful as they have both become something to overcome all their difficulties.

I lol'd at sonic comment :p

Yeah it's true that superman should not have destroyed the Earth to finish off Goku, I feel like they did that just as their way of ending the fight, which superman would not do I entirely agree.

I believe removing kryptonite from the equation I don't think Goku could win in any way. Just too big of a gap.

Level 29
Superman has a source of power and a weakness, the sun and kryptonite respectively...
Goku has a source of power, energies from everywhere...
Superman is serious againts all foes...
Goku is dumb to all foes if he has the edge...
Superman doesnt have fighting skills...
Goku has fighting skills...

If both of them is serious, Goku can just take superman to any dark park of the universe or to a red sun, his powers will be nothing...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
nobody respond to dsg please. plus 'darkseid' is spelt wrong and no mention of dr. manhattan was made.
Does not mater since Thanos still was more powerful.
Thanos is a mutant member of the race of superhumans known as the Titanian Eternals. The character possesses abilities common to the Eternals, but amplified to a higher degree through a combination of his mutant Eternal heritage, bionic amplification, mysticism, and the entity Death. Demonstrating enormous superhuman strength, stamina, and durability, Thanos can absorb and project vast quantities of cosmic energy and is capable of telekinesis, telepathy and matter manipulation. Thanos is an accomplished hand-to-hand combatant, having been trained in the art of war on Titan.

Thanos is a genius in virtually all known fields of advanced science and has created technology far exceeding contemporary Earth science. He often employs a transportation chair capable of space flight, force field projection, teleportation, time travel and movement through alternate universes. Thanos is also a master strategist and uses a space vessel called Sanctuary II as a base of operations.
I only wrote it because the topic creator said they were two of the most powerful fictional characters ever created. They clearly are nowhere near the most powerful.

Level 3
Superman has a source of power and a weakness, the sun and kryptonite respectively...

True

Goku has a source of power, energies from everywhere...

Goku can train or gather energy by the spirit bomb provided he has time. If you mean he just 'gains' energy this is very untrue

Superman is serious againts all foes...

Lol, Superman holds back in any metropolitan area to minimise damage and surroundings, hence why he flies off to fight Goku outside the city where he can let loose more.

Goku is dumb to all foes if he has the edge...

What? What about when Goku fought Buu, Majin Vegeta, Raditz, cell, he did NOT take it easy from the start.

Superman doesnt have fighting skills...

Ah what? If we're talking about the same superman he learns to fight over the years against numerous villains, thats also how he discovers new powers

Goku has fighting skills...

One thing I do absolutley agree on, Goku is a superior martial artist, however I just don't feel his strengths can overcome superman without having hundreds more years of training, but even then Saiyan's grow old where superman doesn't. And as mentioned in the video, future superman is basically a God.

If both of them is serious, Goku can just take superman to any dark park of the universe or to a red sun, his powers will be nothing...

Yes if he figures out that superman draws energy from the sun, since until he actually knocks him in there I doubt Goku is thinking about it a whole deal. He would also have to fight him on another planet with a usable atmosphere as he would die in space technically.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
goku could beat superman in a number of ways; kryptonite, instant transmission (to a dark part of the universe or inside superman lolz), or if we want to go out of character for the sake of ending the fight blowing up the sun. goku also has zenkai, which means infinite power should he exploit this.
While Superman has an entire team of super heroes helping him due to his seat on the Justice league. Of which some of them also possess just that sort of power. Also Goku is too stupid to know about Superman's weakness to Kryptonite. Combined with Batmans super intelligence (the proper Batman, not that crappy recent movie one) and their higher popularity poor Goku would not stand a chance.

Level 12
Geez stop adding Superman's friends in the cup already. If you don't know about the Z-Fighters, you should better stop right there right now.
And I don't think any other fictional character could beat Future Superman (a.k.a Superman Prime).

Anyways, a fictional character being both super strong and super genious means BS to me, because it's way too god mode and cheap, so Goku wins as a better quality character.
Name me a western comic hero who made at least 10 readers cry please.
And I will post hundreds of eastern ones...

Level 29
Goku can train or gather energy by the spirit bomb provided he has time. If you mean he just 'gains' energy this is very untrue
Im not talking about spirit bomb...just think of it as a rechargeable battery...

Lol, Superman holds back in any metropolitan area to minimise damage and surroundings, hence why he flies off to fight Goku outside the city where he can let loose more.
What I meant was, superman does not joke/play a fight like goku...

What? What about when Goku fought Buu, Majin Vegeta, Raditz, cell, he did NOT take it easy from the start.
He's an idiot, he has a chance to defeat buu in ssj3 form but he wants gotenks to have a shot, he also has a chance to defeat magin vegeta and cell by ssj3 form and ultra ssj but he took that forgranted...about Raditz, he should have buy some time by agreeing on his brother at first...

Ah what? If we're talking about the same superman he learns to fight over the years against numerous villains, thats also how he discovers new powers
like what?, punching?, I can do that :D...

One thing I do absolutley agree on, Goku is a superior martial artist, however I just don't feel his strengths can overcome superman without having hundreds more years of training, but even then Saiyan's grow old where superman doesn't. And as mentioned in the video, future superman is basically a God
'A' God doesnt have weaknesses...

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

Why these neckbeards engage in sperging over which non-existent character is more powerful is beyond me. THEYRE NON-EXISTENT PEOPLE.

Seriously this shit is almost as bad as fanfics and slashfics.

These people take this shit way to serious ultimately waste time and I shouldn't have to explain why.

Level 14
In my honest opinion, Goku would be the winner.

Think about it, Superman may be strong, but his power barely made the Earth tremble. The transformation to Super Saiyan 3 nearly ripped the Earth apart. Goku's trained in superb martial arts, has an amazing arsenal of techniques and has more raw power and speed than Superman. Goku also has instant transmission, and would be able to get behind Superman and take him out before he could even react.

If Superman were to have a chance against anyone in the Dragonball Z Universe, it would honestly probably be against one of these opponents: Piccolo, Goten, Trunks. Superman just doesn't have the skills to keep up with anyone beyond a Super Saiyan, and saying he can keep up with a Super Saiyan is stretching it at that.

I don't see how this fight is still going on, if you look at descriptions of Speed, Power, Background and various other important factors, Superman is clearly outmatched. They're from two different universes.

I've also been lenient in this and have not included Super Saiyan 4 from Dragonball GT. If that was the case, Superman would be killed with a finger flick.

Gojira2000

G

Gojira2000

no one likes a cock who tries to look sophisticated by belittling those with different interests. go home 'dungeon master'.

The usual individuals that engage in this are obsessed to the point were its no longer an interest anymore.

They are comparing non-existent characters with feats that are not measurable by any means so comparing them is completely moot, which they end up wasting time trying to prove each other wrong.

I really shouldn't have to explain why this is a waste of time and not interesting at all when people just get angry most of the time when someone tells them their favorite character can beat theirs

Level 37
Goku also has instant transmission, and would be able to get behind Superman and take him out before he could even react.

I have not seen any episodes of Dragonball, but I did watch parts here and there from Youtube. Could you link me to some clips where he uses the instant transmission in combat? The videos I have seen, he does not use it, and it really isn't that instant since he needs to concentrate to teleport and it takes a while. He also failed to teleport when under pressure. And from what I know, he can't teleport anywhere he likes, he can teleport to the location of other beings.

I don't see how this fight is still going on, if you look at descriptions of Speed, Power, Background and various other important factors, Superman is clearly outmatched. They're from two different universes.

Based on the video, Superman is faster, stronger and more durable.

Level 9
All those will changed if Goku has a Krypton Kamehameha, that could beat Superman.
Better, Krypton Spirit Bomb (instead of Earth's energy, all energy of Kryptonite in the universe is absorb), BAM!!! Instant death for our beloved Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.