• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Super-Hero Skins Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25

I am currently starting a project called Marvel Nemesis that will be probably 1-4 player compatible, hopefully a lot higher than that, which will be a Marvel Super-Hero mod which will be very similar to the Arcade games. You choose your hero, then a stage, and then 1vs1 your opponent using arrow keys and QWERTY for moves and attacks. Combos and stuff like that will be included as well. I think that this will be a fun map to play, especially on LAN.

Needed Skins/Models
The DC/Marvel Super-Heroes below are needed. I just need skins, but a custom model is good too.

All other super-heroes are already done. I found them on Hive's resource model area. Credit will be given at the website and in game.

Please help me! Screenshots of the map I'm making will be ready soon hopefully and probably post them later on tonight.
~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 8
Could we use mountain giant for The Thing and tint him orange? Lol just a thought. Or reskin the Mountain Giant to be orange.

Level 25
I only want the big Marvel characters in this map. The fantastic four isn't that easy to make though, but we'll see if I can fit in the invisible girl later on. Perhaps in a future patch. Same thing goes for other super-heroes such as Dr.Doom and Brigade.
~Craka_J

Level 22
This sounds like a cool idea, I'd love to play it when I get back home. I remember pretty much there was a spiderman model in the wc3search res. Or was it a skin? Spiderman was fat in Farmer unit!
But it had a crappy model, you want to use skins, that's fine. There used to be a Wolverine skin in the far past (made from that hidden unit chaos orc smth blah I forgot the name of the unit).

I also wondered what kind of spiderman has horns (if you skin his head the ears will be like horns).

Just suggestions: I used to play D-Day, you know like the predecessor of dota. Captain America was based on a Bandit model. Round shield, etc.

Banshee is fine coz Storm has messy hairstyle.

Venom - ghoul lol, :D No need to have that opened mouth, Murloc? Well you do need muscled arms.

Cyclops can be a skinned farmer.

Human Torch: peasant? That's easiest coz fire will hide all bad parts like the beard if it is bulged on the face.

Level 25
  • Custom model as Human Torch.
  • Villager model is currently being used as Iron Man. Most likely get a skinner to make an Iron Man skin for another model though instead.
  • ChaosOrcRanged model is Wolverine.
  • One of the Ogre models is being used as the Juggernaut.
  • And the "Watcher" model I believe is Wonder Woman.

Trolls have the best Spider-Man animations. Just hate the nose and hair on them the most really, and the sashes too. Model-edits anyone? :grin:

PS: Wc3Sear.ch does not work anymore.
~Craka_J

Level 12
I just realized I had a very good place for people to find more images of the super heros if they wanted them. This place was actually made for a game I used to play, so it can be used for Warcraft too. Simply go here, type in the name of the guy you wnt to see in the little box at the bottom, and then click on the items that come up. It will show a picture of a 3d model (although some of them guys from older sets are not very good references) and on newer ones, you are able to rotate the picure to see it from many angles.

Level 4
made a spidey very very old like last may

asdasdasdasdoa6.png

ze model is noobed and unfinished so if anyones interested..

Level 25
Sure. Doom would probably be a good addition to this map anyways. I already know what his attacks and spells would be so... go for it! Need any pictures of what he looks like? If not then hopefully you pick a good base-model to reskin/remodel.
~Craka_J

Level 25
I don't consider this project ("Marvel Nemesis" is what I plan on calling it) a main priority just yet. I don't have anyone helping me with triggers and all that but I won't really worry about that very much until I've gotten most of the terrain layouts done and developed the idea better.

Also, my first priority is Wc3:WoW of course and pretty much always will be.
My second priority is Apocalypse, the survival map for BNet.
And thirdly... well this one is pretty much replacing my CS map since the CS project has died thanks to the abandoning of my team mates. :cry:
~Craka_J

Level 8
Suggestion for Dr.Doom: Try making a weaponless medivh model with a different attack animation, and skin it. Or use druid of the talon weaponless, and change attack, and skin.

Level 25
The Bloodmage has long hair and huge ears. Big flaw, since Dr.Doom doesn't have either. He just has a metal head. :p
But if you can hide that stuff cleverly like maybe somehow making the hair into a hood or model-edit it to be a hood, then we're off to a really good start.
~Craka_J

Level 18
Yea alphaing out the hair in the skin makes it look bad..I mean REALLY BAD
Model edit would be required on that head wrap and it would be hard to pull off
Also Cracka, just letting you know, I just approved some old super hero skins the other day, Wolverine, and Wonder Woman
I think there is a Dr. Doom skin lying around as Medivh

Level 25
Thanks guys! Those are perfect! :grin:

Now for the rest of the models. :p

[Edit1]:
Editted first post with models that I already have done for the map. Feel free to check what they are. If you think you can improve it or make a better skin/model, go for it!

[Edit2]:
Here's a nice picture with all super heroes and villains in it
img_14191_marvel_fiughtinggame.jpg

~Craka_J
w00t! 2,000th post!

Last edited:
Level 25
I may also need Super Hero spell models as well. If you've ever played Marvel games or saw the movies, creating spells that fits the Super Heroes best is a big plus for helping me out.
Examples would be:
  • Iron Man's horizontal/diagonal/vertical (Variations of beams for gameplay reasons) laser beam attack.
  • Spider-Man's Web Shield (Creates basicly a force-field made out of a web around him)
  • Spider-Man's web-shot projectile.

Creators of skins/models will be credited wherever possible.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Hmm... not necessarily the Spider-Man skin I was looking for. The skin is good, but the model chosen for the skin is... bleh. Oh well. I'll use it for now until a better Spider-Man skin is made by someone :p

Thanks! +Rep'd.
~Craka_J

Level 25
craka_j, how many projects do you have? and how many you didn't finish but requested a lot of stuff?

wc3:wow
your counter-strike map (the one with COOL camera system)
now this

Wc3:WoW was my first big project. It isn't necessarily mine. I just took over it; though it is my #1 favorite mod. Same thing for Apocalypse, I pretty much took over that too, though I built a lot more out of it than it was when it first started.

The CS map is... well no one wants to help me trigger it any more. I had a good triggerer for it, but then he suddenly quit WC3 without warning and the project was marooned. I continued the terrain more but there's a ton of trigger work left for it to be considered even playable. Lots of debugging to do especially.

This map I plan on doing with a very small development team. Having a big team for a BNet map this simple would just complicate things.

I never really released a good mod before yet. Sure, I've released a beta a while ago of Wc3:WoW once or twice, but that isn't complete or even close to the phase I want it to be at yet.

I think that this map will be fairly easy to make. Especially making the terrain and setting up how the movement works. It'll get more complicated when it comes to choosing stages and actually getting into the combat and balancing part.

Awesome skins btw guys, when they're done, feel free to attach them or E-Mail them to me. :smile:
~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.