• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sunken Defense 05r

Description

Facts:

Genre: Survival / Defense
Size: 64x64
Players: 5
Language: English
Map File Size: 300KB

Features:

• 5 custom Heroes
  • 100% Custom Spells
  • Decent Terrain and Visuals
  • Fast-paced, short Action(max gametime of about 15 minutes)
  • Hard Spawns, Movement, Challenging gameplay
  • Effectfull Spawns (casterwaves, Bosswaves, Rushwaves ; normal Spawns got passive skills like Multishot and Mana Leech)
  • Dynamic Difficulty and 3 Difficulty modes
  • Items, recipes and sets
  • informative, slim multiboard

Gameplay/Overview

The main goal of the game is to defend the Naga Queen and destroy the 3 spawning grounds of the enemy.
Enemy creeps come from the 3 lanes, walk into the middle and then onto the Hill on which the Naga Queen resides.

There are 5 Heros avaible

Credits:
-BerZeKeR-, Paladon, BlackRose, krisserz, Kricz, Vexorian, Rising_Dust,
Flame_Phoenix, Azlier, Anitarf, Slivenon, Moyac, Spec, Scorpion182, Darkt3mpl3r

1.jpg

Hero Choose

2.jpg

Shops

3.jpg

Tower Rebuild System

4.jpg

New Tower ready

5.jpg

Enemys Front

6.jpg

Last Wave

7.jpg

Dead :<

Changelog

V 01 - 03c : Development started: 2 Heros, 4 Items, 3 Waves, bugfixing

V 03d : 3rd Hero added, new wave, new waveskills, minor terrain changes, revive bugfix

V 03e : Hero Spell Pos fixed, tooltips fixed, spawnbug fixed

V 03f : nerfed some abilitys, improved the spawning grounds, item stacksystem added, 2 new items (recipe system), minor fixes

V 03g : fixed another spawn bug(yeah..), new boss and new caster waves, terrain changed for more visibility, minor changes on spells

V 03h : fixed a critical revive bug, fixed creeps, minor bugfixing

V 03i : Added Previewpic (alpha), New Hero, new items, much other minor stuff.

V 03k : Fixed Spells, fixed tooltips, fixed hotkeys, Game ends now after 30 secs

V 03k->04w : New Hero, Fixed and balanced Spells, New Spawn balance, Terrain Changes, Lanes balanced, new Items, new Multiboard, new Firelord 2nd Spell, Conversion to vjass

04w -> 05a : New Wave, fixed Stun bug, fixed bad nagas, new previewpic, added three gamemodes, rebalanced Vampire, minor other stuff

05a -> 05e : Fixing, optimizing and balancing

05e -> 05f : Fixed a trigger related bug, all the lanes have now the same length

05f -> 05h : Added Tower-Rebuild System, Fixed collision for the last two waves

05h -> 05j : misc smaller additions

05j -> 05k : bugfixing

05k -> 05l : Improved Holy Knights Light Shield, fixed multiboard

05l -> 05m : fixed a pathing issue, reworked the tree revival system, improved the holy kngihts normal attack and armor, Naga Queen learns some supporting auras over time

05m -> 05p
: minor fixes

05p -> 05r : fixed some old bugs, balanced some heroes a bit and improved shopping experience

Keywords:
sunken, Def, Defense, Survival, Virus Infection, Frotty, Suck, Garfield, Cool, HeroDefense, Hero Defense, Hero-Defense
Contents

Sunken Defense 05r (Map)

Reviews
21:46, 10th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
Lumber Icon is default ?! And what maybe Description is terrible?

~ Dude, your map sucks hard! : This is what -Kobas- tried to say...only "nicer" ... I don't swing that way. You either hide your pretty crappy map over-view with a hidden tag , clean your English and add some REAL info about this map and game-play, thus improving description...or leave it as it is, I vote for rejection and possibly report it for using up Hive space for no particular reason. Neat ?

Edit : Before anyone can start a review (free from any obligation) , the reviewer must be given a reason to even consider downloading and testing that map. The really messy description and strangely placed details that make up the description itself (along with other things) really discourage people to actually play. There's no need to compare any approved map to yours, but as a potential player , I want to know : what does your map have that (I haven't seen before, or) others don't ?...if you can answer me that, you get your map a review and probably approval.

* As a side-note : Respecting the Hive rules always comes first.

Last edited:
Level 3
~ Dude, your map sucks hard! : This is what -Kobas- tried to say...only "nicer" ... I don't swing that way. You either hide your pretty crappy map over-view with a hidden tag , clean your English and add some REAL info about this map and game-play, thus improving description...or leave it as it is, I vote for rejection and possibly report it for using up Hive space for no particular reason. Neat ?

Edit : Before anyone can start a review (free from any obligation) , the reviewer must be given a reason to even consider downloading and testing that map. The really messy description and strangely placed details that make up the description itself (along with other things) really discourage people to actually play. There's no need to compare any approved map to yours, but as a potential player , I want to know : what does your map have that (I haven't seen before, or) others don't ?...if you can answer me that, you get your map a review and probably approval.

* As a side-note : Respecting the Hive rules always comes first.

You are exaggerating too much, even a child of 7 years realizes what must be done with just seeing the overview of complete map with those yellow arrows.
Would be wonderful that all hive's maps were uniques and specials... but, welcome to reality, that is imposible. People in bnet does not play the best maps always, this kind of maps are the reason that the other maps, those you know as "differents with things you never have seen", are really uniques. But that doesn't mean that this map sucks. Rules are stupid since in DC there's a non traslated german map. Come on, report this commentary, maybe the moderators will stop using their cronyism and ridiculous preference to hosted projects above rest of maps. And maybe you will receive the Hive's Brain Washed award. But then you may say me "Welcome to reality".

Level 22
Information:

As a Reviewer of the Map Reviewers Group, I joined the THW Cleaning Event.
I
end up writing a fast review, or just posting the end state of the map, rating is not always included!

Current State for this map: Approved

I will contact the moderator to Approve/Reject the map, depending on what you recieved.

Last edited:
Level 23
Finally i worked again abit on this map and can release 05n now.
Not really big changes, tho im working on some new Heros.
I also added a changelog and reupped the Screens, i hope the description is okay like that.
Pls report any bugs and imbalances u can find.
e: sry map wasnt working, fixed that issue in 05o

Last edited:
Hey I played your map, it's pretty good but I found some glaring issues.

Major bugs—
After a while the waves stop spawning completely. So I far I've found this on normal mode, after you survive a lot of the scorpion waves, all waves stop spawning entirely.

Holy Knight's Reflections of Lights works on buildings. Makes killing towers and spawning grounds way too easy.

Holy Knight's Light Shield tooltip also states that it works on enemies. It does not.

Minor—

Got a lot of errors saying Double free of type—sefx.
I assume that's a bad thing. I notice that it tends to happen when you cast the fire guy's ultimate.

There's a typo in the water guy's ultimate—the learn tooltip says that level 4 does 500 damage, but there is no level 4.

Balance issues—

The vampire hero sucks, mostly because his skills are summons, and the summons suck. His skeleton summon is also a lot stronger than 10 of those zombies his ultimate summons.
The summons suck because they attack too slowly and die too fast. You should give them cleave since their slow attack speed makes them useless against large mobs, combined with how fast they die.

The Fire Lord's passive sucks.

The sea giant boss doesn't give any gold. Seems kind of a waste of time to kill him, especially since he has 45k hp and 20 armor.

It's very hard for non-aoe heroes like Holy Knight to get gold, especially since bosses stop giving gold after a while.

Level 23
Hi, thx for the feedback.
The bugs are known, but i dont intend to update this old messy map :p

After the scorpions the game is over, not really a bug, just no more waves - you then have to kill the rax to win.

The doublefrees are indeed coming from the firelord's ultimate, but other than spamming the screen it shouldnt be doing harm.

E: and yes, the vampire's ult is kinda sucky in this version - I nerfed it too much (used to be op)

I guess I could release a small balance update if I find the unprotected copy...

Level 23
The sea giant boss doesn't give any gold. Seems kind of a waste of time to kill him, especially since he has 45k hp and 20 armor.

It's very hard for non-aoe heroes like Holy Knight to get gold, especially since bosses stop giving gold after a while.

Bosses don't stop giving gold, they give gold to every player when killed (there is a message saying that).

When I play holy knight I have no gold problems, maybe it's your playstyle? :p
Items get sort of useless (except a few) lategame anyways, so yea.

Ok, well the sea giant boss is the last boss(I think?) And he doesnt give gold to all players. No message, no nothing.

If you do intend to update the map, I suggest that you keep sending scorpion waves indefinetely, until the barrack of the lane is destroyed. Because it seems like kind of an abrupt end, when you're struggling to survive in your base, then suddenly the spawns stop and it becomes mega easy.