• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Summoning Skill using Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I just want to confirm.

I have a summoner unit (a class, to be exact) whose skills summon another unit.

Each skill summons a different unit-type.

To avoid base skill ID collision/overlapping/whatever you call it, I will use a dummy to use the skill, and the dummy summons the units in the said skill. The summoner unit will have a Channel ability to do so, then trigger all the dummy actions.

I know that I can use another base summoning skill, but I want to make sure if the method above has no side effects.

So, are there any side effects in triggering/using dummies in summoning units? Any at all?

Something like, "the-original-summoner-can't-be-detected" thing?

Level 12
So if you are going to use channel why not just Create summoned unit with triggers instead of an additional dummy unit?

What you do
1)Hero uses channel
2)Hero summons dummy with triggers
3)Dummy summons summoned thing

instead
1)Hero uses channel
2)Hero summons summoned thing with triggers

unles for some reason you need to have "summon event"

Level 9
So if you are going to use channel why not just Create summoned unit with triggers instead of an additional dummy unit?

What you do
1)Hero uses channel
2)Hero summons dummy with triggers
3)Dummy summons summoned thing

instead
1)Hero uses channel
2)Hero summons summoned thing with triggers

unles for some reason you need to have "summon event"

Hey, thanks for that tip. I never thought of that so far.
So, there aren't really any bugs concerning these, implying that you even suggested a more simpler way.

Thanks! +rep.

Level 12
I tested this in blank map and priest can dispel footman with dispel magic.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add classification of Summoned to (Last created unit)
but there is still a problem
  • ((Picked unit) is an illusion) Equal to True
This condition doesn't work on footman.
1)Either you should go with summon dummy > let dummy summon the creature

2)from object editor you should add all summoned things a common ability(from evasion with %0) and check if unit has that ability.
  • (Level of MEILLUSION for (Picked unit)) Equal to 0

Edit:My mistake, see the post below.

Level 25
The "Picked unit is an illusion" condition probably doesn't work because you set the classification to be summoned (Water Elemental, etc) and not an Illusion (Mirror Image, Magic Wand).

Pretty sure you can check if "Triggering Unit is Summoned Equal to true".

Level 9
There's like 10 different summoning spells. Why do you need to make a dummy one?

You literally could not put 10 different spells on one unit unless you used a spellbook.

The other summoning spells does not meet my conditions (Like Phoenix; it wouldn't give a duration, or spirit wolf; the old units will be replaced with the new ones)

I am guessing some skills like Spirit Wolf and Misha collide (? not confirmed though ?)
Or Water Elemental and Sea Elemental.

@Ceday, @LordDz

Wow, this really helps a lot! Again, thank you very much.

EDIT: Just remembered, how can I add a Duration bar, and the summoned buff (the timer) if I used triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.