• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestions for modelmakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a great interest in history and old wars, kings etc. I'm specially interested in the middleage epoc.

:idea: Here's some tips for models; during the middle ages most rangedweaponed infantry used crossbows, a deadly weapon and powerful who could pierce the mediumarmored or find glitches in the metalarmor the soldiers and knights used. I would really use a model picturing crossbow infantry. Yes, I did find such a model here, but it doesn't fit really, during battles and wars, crossbows were a powerful heavy two-handed weapon. Most of the soldiers used also a second weapon, sometimes a smallsword in order to use at close enemies or when run out of bolts.

IF you anyone can make such a model, using inspiration from pictures, depicting 1400-1500 century soldiers in their uniforms. Often used a combo of breastplate, chain and leather. And, they did have metalhelmets. Find pictures in a middleage-warfare book or pictures on the web, and make such a model/-s.

:!: <<Did you know that in battles it was often confusing since the soldiers lookes so similar to each other (the uniforms/armor) that they used colored feathers, tied to the metalhelmet?>> :!:

By the way, have anyone ever thought of creating a flail-weaponed human knight? Either on foot or on horse, with shield. It was a well-used weapon for many centuries, and deadly.

NOTE: This is only for those who are interested in making historical look alike models, well, no need for total perfection though.

PS. This is just suggestions. :!: :!:

Level 3
Just use a crossbow from one of the models, a centaur or a kobold or something. Geomerge it into a footman and reskin it. I'll work on the knight with a flail, or you can by using my rider model in the models section, geomerge a flail and shield in.

Status
Not open for further replies.