• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggestion about the new Gaias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
the gaias goes up.. and its appear players who have 50 level characters so probaly they bore to continue to play when starts the new update .. About the new update i think , have new explore new area, quests, items,

my idea is the gaias got servers

px Gaias Retaliation 1.2C-Magma
Gaias Retaliation 1.2C-Orange
Gaias Retaliation 1.2C-Torment

and every server you got different character code , different system , px if someone have 50 lvl character in Magma server , from Orange server cannot play with 50 lvl .. he need to start by 1 level

(I know the simple you can just doing new acc)

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
If we had a huge community, this could, at least, be an idea. Though the idea of having 3 different maps is a pain for a map developer who then has to add the same things 3 times everything something changes. At the moment, Gaias has a solid community, but it isn't exactly large at all (which I hope it will be with the future release of C).

Level 2
agreed with DrizztDoUrden. 1 is enough i think.
i have some ideas to be considered:
-it will be great if u can choose male/female char @ the beggining of the game(much more great if u can choose race) :D.
-change basic character looklike(just char).
-add more monster @ evry grup of monster.max is 3 right?and a lot of them just have 2 monster in a group.i think its possible to add 1/more.making more harder/challanging.(like monster group in D3,thats giving more challange and i`feel exited when fight with them)thank`s to Zwiebelchen and all creators of GaiasORPG. :D (i hope this can be fulfilled @ the next update.)

-every Dungeon have min 3 bosses.(more bosses much more greats)

-MOUNT(i`m so exited with this riding system,so cool :D.thank`s again to Zwiebelchen and all creators of GaiasORPG. :D),just add auto dismount after getting dmg/making dmg.but idk how to compare it with "charge" skill,making u immune form dmg/something,so u wouldnt dismount.

-legendary soul buff can be stack.(i have 2 legendary souls.offensive buff =5%allR, DEF buff=5%AllR.but it doesnt stack,still 5% @ stats.
(hard to get this thing,so it`s worth if the buff can be stack.)

-legendary souls given an aura with special effect(@view).like vampiric aura, etc(depending on souls itself).

-MAP size, make it more bigger if possible.idk how much maxed size of w3c map.but,more bigger=more stuff n content.

well,that its.

GaiasORPG is the greatest orpg map i have ever play on w3.evrything balance(lvl,etc)have good story,good quest,good stuff,good class classification.
i hope u wouldnt stop updating this map before reach the final version.
would u finish this map until the end.?

if i understand Jass, W3 Wolrd Editor, etc,i would like to help.but in fact, i can`t. :(
i can only hacked the basic.like player stats,exp boost,changing trigger(only for item n drop chance), etc. i mean cheating,not hacking. hha. :D.

Level 9
@lastf
1. Your visual ideas require A LOT of work to make. Way more than next update.
2. No auto dismount was intended to allow you skipping creeps.
3. Stacking souls is awful idea. 5 x 2 x 5% AllR = 50% AllR from only souls.
4. Vampiric aura will suck/destroy balance. More unique = harder to balance.
5. Half of map is empty, why should it be enlarged?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
As Drizzt already said: expanding the map is definitely possible for future updates, but not needed atm, as we still have lots of unused areas on the current map area.

But there definitely are plans for an extended map in the future. But this will come after the release of D4 and the region north of Mytargas.

About more customization options upon character selection:
There are plans for this, but it's not feasable until the multiplayer map size limit gets expanded.

However, it is definitely a long-term goal to add a gender (and/or) race selection to the classes and this will come as soon as I can find the time to work on new character models.
Originally, the Mystic model was intended to be the female version of the Squire; but I thought it was too cool to not design an entire class around it.

Level 2
@Drizzt.
ouh,i see.i agreed with almost what u said.my bad.
about the map size&visual,i dont mean that must be fulfilled in the next update.that`was for gaias in the future.
:goblin_yeah:

About more customization options upon character selection:
There are plans for this, but it's not feasable until the multiplayer map size limit gets expanded.

However, it is definitely a long-term goal to add a gender (and/or) race selection to the classes and this will come as soon as I can find the time to work on new character models..

nice...i`m glad to hear thats.

:goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job:

Level 10
hey about the races... why not make the same thing as the equipments?
so maybe it possible to make 2 or more different races for example just changing the skin... of the main char (like the hair) but permanently in the begining...
for example Draenei or night elf skin for the thief!

Ira

Ira

Level 4
in my last game i noticed that there are cauldrons in several places in the map but no reciepe uses them if i am right? are you gonna add cooking or something or was something like that planned and you discontinued the idea?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
in my last game i noticed that there are cauldrons in several places in the map but no reciepe uses them if i am right? are you gonna add cooking or something or was something like that planned and you discontinued the idea?
Cauldrons were planned to be the crafting station for potions and other crafting reagents.
Since the slot limit makes it hard to use potions in the game, the idea of buff potions never really took off. Also many players consider buff potions as an annoyance, rather than an improvement to gameplay, since they are either useless or mandatory to beat content.

However, crafting reagents will get a debut in 1.2C, so expect some usage of the cauldrons.

Status
Not open for further replies.