• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SUCH AN EASY REQUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok none of my requests are ever done so i will ask for the most basic hopefully easiest thing ever.

A pilum which is a long spear if you type it in google its just a spear that has a longer rod.

If anyone could just make that i will be amazed and grateful plz

and if anyoen does this plz tell em how long it took. I dont make models but cmon its just a spear thats longer. I will give credit.

Level 6
Stupidfan said:
A pilum which is a long spear if you type it in google its just a spear that has a longer rod.
WRONG!
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!
First of all, there's no rod on a poleweapon, it's called a shaft or handle, though handle is still an improper way of decribing it.

Second, a pilum is NOT a spear, but a type of throwing-javelon. EWhen compaired to a spear, the shaft is not longer; it is usaly the same size or slightly shorter. As for the head, it is of much differant design than a spear. Spears have a bladed head that is rarely longer than a foot. Pilums have a pericing head of atleast 14 inches, and is shaped like a spike with a dimond or pryamid at the end.

Also, do you want an attachment or projectile?

Level 3
sry i was just thinking for the head of how to decribe it. I would like as an attachment so then i eventually count add it to a unit and make it so they can stab like they were in there phalax formation. Although lol a projectile wouldnt be bad either. So any way would be fine.

Would anyone do a shield also. I don't wanto to ask for a lot but it is pretty much a square with a curve.

Level 3
Oh and Ekoi i like ur models. I'm trying to make a roman map. The othe rmodels i have the legionare, soldier, and spearman are nice but they dont have any attachment points. And I'm not sure why but the spearman has no animations it just slides around like its on ice.

I have a question for you. What type of modeling program do you use? I found one that is easy enough for me to use, it is sketchup by google. The only problem it is saves in .skb or .skp format or soemthing like that. I have attempted to use gmax but it isnt free anymore and the 3d model editor that is in the tool section but i dont know how to start your own or even if you can create a new model.

long post sry

Level 6
I applogise if I got a bit carried away, I'm just secencitive when it comes to polearm weapons. OwO

I'll do both an attachment and projectile, since it should be simple.

The tools I use for modeling are Oinkerwinkle Tools. Alot of people use these, as they are free and easy to use, though very primitive. You'll have to read the tutorals on his site and this forum.

The Javeliner(Spearman is the improper term, espesaly for a person who throws them) model you descibe may have eathor no animations at all or the animations are improperly named.

As for attachment points, that's from the author of the model not making them (porperly) usaly due to lazyness. I'm still exparamenting with adding attachment points to models.

Also, post a picture of the type of sheild you want.

And for your viewing pleasure, I present Raptor Jesus.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/Ekoi/RAPTORJESUS.png

Level 3
I called it spearman because that is what the author names the model. And the legionare they made has two swords that was interesting i thought.

did u make the raptor model? I looks like caesers outfit minus the shoes.

i am retarded and dont know hwo to show a picture or if u even can but i saw a lot of roman shields on google they all look they same and have the same design like 16 on page one google images-roman shield

thankyou for helping me out you probably just think why dont people figure out how to make there own models. I'm trying to figure out how. If you dont mind me asking where is oinkerwinkles tools?

I know wc3search is the best wc3site of the web are they any other ok ones? like wc3campaigns has a few model and skins but nothing compared to this site.

for werewolf look at the shield i was talking about there is nothing like that on wc3search. and for the pilum the poll/rod/handle/shaft is longer the only model i have seen close to that was on the spearman japanese/chinese model it had a long red sort of pilum thing but it was attached to a unit.

Level 3
I'm a rome fanatic lol but ekoi ur smarter then me. I also want to correct myself the spearman chinese/japanese model has a very good pilum looking weapon but i guess the shaft might be to long

Level 6
Here's what I have. I havn't given it the animations, but it uses all ingame textures.

romanpilum.png

Level 3
why edit and i like ur models to werewulf.

thankyou so much for helping me ekoi i think i might try to attach the models to a villager male to make a hoplite. i hope that is the correct terminology :) they are the ones with the pilum

Level 6
Mecheon said:
Ah, but Bag, you're asking for icons while this person is asking for a spear, which drew the attention of our local purple haired spear wielding elf avatar'd Ekoi

Hey Mecheon, 'Sup? I see you're working on your sprites again. We both should change our avatars here to match our updated sprites. :D

Anyway, Bag of Chips, I'll look at your topic for you, and see if I can GIMP it real quick. I'll be the one to deside if your Icon request ie easier or not.

And Stupidfan, I've almost got the problem with the animation solved, so I'll keep you posted.

Level 3
I am extatic Ekoi Werewulf and MEcheon all responded in my post lol its a miracle. I went from nobody ever responding -> the masters responding. how does that happen?

Level 25
Stupidfan said:
how does that happen?

Well, Ekoi is attracted to anything involving medieval weaponry or spears based upon his recent posts, or else he's just weathering here for a while and you got lucky, while me and Wulf like to make snide comments on requests or explain things to people

Level 3
how many shields in warcraft have u seen square with a curve like the roman shield? all i have seen are round ones.

Level 45
Teifi said:
Werewulf said:
i come here still, but i usta be in like a "sunshine daisy" mood back then..

Sunshine daisy mood? So what mood are you in now, Death to the infidels?

i dont know >.>

my mood changes too often ... i dont know.. i can be cruel then nice then stupid..then..grumpy...then...apathetic...meh..
i cant..really..discuss this stuff... nor do i want to -_-

now..lets get back on topic.

anyway.. what do you mean? whats easy?
if you want, you can just get oinkerwinkles tools like vertex mod and mdx/mdl converter and edits the shields yourself to give them the shape you desire (give the people credits still)

Status
Not open for further replies.