• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stun Aura Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
hey guys, im currently trying to make a stun aura, so stuns the units in the aura's effect every X seconds. this is wat i have so far, wat am i doing wrong and wat should my code be?

Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Lynsor
((Picked unit) has buff Intensify ) Equal to True
(Ability being cast) Equal to Intensify
Then - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Intensify Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Position of (Picked unit))
Set IntensifyDummy = (Unit-type of (Last created unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Triggering unit)
Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Else - Actions
Do nothing

Send me a reply asap plz

Level 7
Well first off if you have a condition involving *Picked Unit* then you must have an actual pick unit function, and then at one point you have *Triggering Unit*, this is only used if the event is triggered by a unit doing something(entering region, casting spell, reaching certain life). If you have an aura that stuns all nearby I suggest making the dummy cast a Warstomp spell instead of targeting each unit individually. This way you can just do:

--Create 1 Stomper at position of (hero)
--Add a 2 second generic expiration timer to last created unit
--Order last created unit to Tauren-Tauren Chieftain Warstomp

Well thats my two cents. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.