• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Strangest object bug I've encountered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have 2 abilities (based on Hero Attribute skill)
They are exactly same, and has ability code 'A01V' and 'A04Q'

Now, if I use the 'A01V' one, it won't show up on hero's spell learning section.
'A04Q' does.

(Ex.

'A000' 'A001' 'A01V' 'A002'

the third icon is missing. I cannot learn it

'A000' 'A001' 'A04Q' 'A002'

There are 4 spell icons that I can click)

I'm so confused, I guess its some kind of magic id that should not be used?
is my map corrupted? or in the worst case, is it something that randomly happens?

My map uses JNGP (if that matters)

Level 17
I have 2 abilities (based on Hero Attribute skill)
They are exactly same, and has ability code 'A01V' and 'A04Q'

Now, if I use the 'A01V' one, it won't show up on hero's spell learning section.
'A04Q' does.

(Ex.

'A000' 'A001' 'A01V' 'A002'

the third icon is missing. I cannot learn it

'A000' 'A001' 'A04Q' 'A002'

There are 4 spell icons that I can click)

I'm so confused, I guess its some kind of magic id that should not be used?
is my map corrupted? or in the worst case, is it something that randomly happens?

My map uses JNGP (if that matters)

u imported few spells? coz example when u copy paste ability then raw code changeing and when u import the raw code going from lowest to highest (A000,A001,A002...A009,A00A,A00B etc) example when u copy paste what was A01V in previous m,ap but in your map missing the A003 then its will be A003 when u paste. (but idk then why visible the A04Q)
still this can happen too if u delete a ability then copy A01V, then new one will get the deleted ability raw code.

normally i never noticed the ability dissapear when something happen with saveing so i dont think it is corrupted or something

whatever still a potentional reason is the disabled ability or if channel based then visibility unchecked but ur is attribute bonus so idk

Level 6
u imported few spells? coz example when u copy paste ability then raw code changeing and when u import the raw code going from lowest to highest (A000,A001,A002...A009,A00A,A00B etc) example when u copy paste what was A01V in previous m,ap but in your map missing the A003 then its will be A003 when u paste. (but idk then why visible the A04Q)
still this can happen too if u delete a ability then copy A01V, then new one will get the deleted ability raw code.

normally i never noticed the ability dissapear when something happen with saveing so i dont think it is corrupted or something

whatever still a potentional reason is the disabled ability or if channel based then visibility unchecked but ur is attribute bonus so idk

thank you so much.. ive realized this rawcode was used by another spell a long time ago.. and it was diabled via trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.