• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Item Ability Icon Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I'm trying to make a Lightning Orb ability into a Hero ability but I'm having a problem. Firstly I believe it's a known bug that item abilities, when changed to normal or Hero abilities are bugged, their icon not displaying properly. So to try and work around this I used a trigger to add the ability to the Hero with a dummy ability for the Hero to learn. The trigger works as intended but the icon still shows up anyway even though the ability has no icon.
The item ability I'm using as my base is "Item Attack Lightning Bonus (new)" and I believe it has to do with the "Data - Effect Ability: Item Purge (2)" field because when I tried changing this to a normal purge the bugged icon that appears is a normal purge icon (rather than Shamanic Totem).
I'm at a loss however as to how to fix this.
(The Effect Ability is actually quite interesting. It only works with spells that target, such as purge, but you can use any of those spells.)

Last edited:
Level 9
Hi,
well the orbs abilities are prety fun to mess with, you can add secondary abilities to attacks with those. There is another problem that is you have to manually order the unit to attack a target or right-click on it, the effect seems to be not applied when the unit autoattack.
For you problem, i suggest you to set the icon coordinates to X:0, Y:-11 in the object editor. (you can insert negative values if you presst shift+enter). I this way the ability is hidden and you can create a dummy ability just for the icon and tooltips.

Status
Not open for further replies.