• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Purge Passive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am having problems with very basic thing...

I used Item ability Purge(1) (the one from lighting orb..) I added spell to another ability, when the other ability is cast the hero gets purge... but i would like to purge will be passive or atleast autocastable..

THX in advance.

Level 4
Simple... using the orb of lightning (new) then put a percentage, and apply purge for EACH level.

Level 4
There is two way to do your skill.
1. Condition, the skill you cast must have buff to the caster.
Sorry not giving you a screenshot on the event, cause i can't really open WE now.

Event:
-Every 0.5 Sec
Condition:
Action:
Set TempGroup = (unit in (entire map))
= Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do action
-Loop Action
===If, condition multiple action
=Picked unit has buff XXX equal to false
=Then action
-Remove Purge Ability from picked unit

=Else action
====If Condition
-Lvl of purge for picked unit is equal to 0
=Then action
-Unit - add purge to picked unit

Else action
Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)

2nd way... it is more simple.

Event
-Unit start effect of a skill
Condition
-Skill equal to XXXXX
Action
-Add purge to triggered unit
-Wait 15 sec
-remove purge from triggered unit

Level 6
You don't need to use triggers for that. Is pretty easy to do: just use the orb of lightning (new) as the hero ability and set your levels, set the chance to trigger it on units/summoned/heroes and select the ability that passively will trigger. Notice that the icon is the one of the ability and it is shown in disabled version. Also is an orb, just in case.

Level 4
You don't need to use triggers for that. Is pretty easy to do: just use the orb of lightning (new) as the hero ability and set your levels, set the chance to trigger it on units/summoned/heroes and select the ability that passively will trigger. Notice that the icon is the one of the ability and it is shown in disabled version. Also is an orb, just in case.

He need trigger for that. He said when a hero cast a skill only the purge passive will start the effect, so he need trigger

Level 4
I done the thing somehow with the Lighting orb(new)..:grin: Now the stupid thing is that i dont know if target is purged becuase buff is removed... i probably should add some effect when unit is hit...maybe vertical Lighting bolt^^

Level 6
Why wouldn't dat be a nice idea? He wanted passive purge right? Well if you use triggers, you could manipulate it in different ways to suit your spell; including adding %chance, AoE effect, bonus damage and even a timer-based cooldown. Although using Orb of Lightning is much easier, it might add limits or complicate things as the Starter of this thread is unable to work this out.

Level 4
Actually using Orb of lightning is much more easier. And the best part is it won't cause leak. If u create a dummy unit, there will have a percentage of leaking. So i will try not to use dummy unit unless for some advance skill

Level 4
Hmm after testing.... i found out another catch...

Becuase units want purged.... I greatly increased % chance from 15%->60%

Now i see Lighting effect on target but its not slowed or anything just lighting animation and nothing else no movement decrease no attack rate decrease...

strange.

Level 4
Either is your minimum speed is high (at game constant), or your purge skill have slightly decrease movement only

Level 6
You need to create a "special" Purge for your spell, with the amounts,etc that you want, but if you say that is still weird, maybe because the original purge costs mana, try setting it to 0 and cooldown to 0 (like I said about your custom purge).

And yes, it becomes an orb effect "like in dota", but dota didn't made that concept, in all warcraft games (even ladder), the "Orbs of..." and the Mask of Death are orbs, so do not stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.