• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Strange map error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been working on my map all night.. a couple of backups obv.. but in the most recent ver it won't allow me to open the map in warcraft. I can open it in world editor but as soon as it loads it warcraft it exits the program. Anyone know what might be causing this? and/or how to solve it?

I personally don't want to repeat myself (with the backups) and then find the same problem... plus it would be nice to continue working with the current ver... its not like I couldn't do it all again and again... but it'd take time...

ty for any help +rep

Legendel

Level 3
So far no jass, afew triggers but they haven't been edited since I started working on the map last night.

{EDIT}
Ok.. I found it. I must have accidently changed a trigger.. ty guys for your quick response

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
yeah.. like that matters much... anyway..

I found the real problem now ^^ haha, it was a trigger that selected a tavern. I have removed it. But when the tavern is clicked in game it exits warcraft =P wow mapping is fun... any ideas?

Level 9
Try making another building into the tavern by just adding the heroes being sold and the abilities (Unit Select etc...) see if it works. Dont change anything other than those 2 for now.

Level 3
still no luck =P tried making another tavern... default one, no changes. Still exits war3 when clicked on.
So its not the new taverns I created that is causing the problems I guess.... but what would crash war3 by clicking on a tavern?

Last edited:
Level 3
Oh come on dude, this is an entirely different post, look at the dates... and there is a comment inbetween. I was going to make another thread for it, but its stil under the same topic. your post is a waste dude. Spamming double posts at me does not help.

I need help with a tavern that crashes ingame. this is every tavern, default and all. (the other two are custom taverns).

+rep for helpful posts, I've put alot of work into this map. So ty for help so far.

Level 11
no, its not a custom skin, and not when brought near. just clicked on.

If I understand correctly the problem is that when you click on the tarvern the game instantly crashes?

If that's the case you have an issue with a hero. Possibly a tooltip error thats causing a fatal crash, or a buggy icon. I had this issue in Dark Sun RPG recently when I was adding more heroes and put them in taverns to save some room cause the choosing space was limited. The game would crash when I clicked on the tavern with all the heroes in it (other taverns were empty for the time being) I couldn't figure it out but then I started moving heroes out of the tavern 1 by 1 and suddenly after I moved 1 hero to a diff tavern I clicked on it and it worked, the one with said hero wasn't clickable though.

Check your hero tooltips and such, that is possibly what caused it. With me I hadn't fixed all the tooltips for the heroes (didn't need em before cause there were no taverns) so they all read the same and for some reason that caused it.

Level 3
I've been reworking the heros one by one, but the problem still exists. =S

thanks for the help dude anyway =)

Level 3
Haha, I have been trying, but no success. ty for the comments though.

[Update]
Ok... I can click on the tavern without it selling any heros. However, I've been through every hero I've made, and a reasonable amount of default heros (unchanged), seperatly 1 by 1 and everytime war3 exits itself. I've even tried creating new taverns, and using the default tavern in the same tedious manner to the same effect... this has taken me along time, testing them all... and for all my efforts so far... 0 results =/

So please, any theories.. kinda desperate =)

Last edited:
Level 3
Considering the tavern is clickable with no heros, and crashes with any one other hero leaves me extrememly puzzled... is there a file all heros share that is curropt? I'm no expert at this... but it seems to be something which they all (meaning every custom and default hero alike) share

Level 9
This happened to me once when I set an icon position to be outside the range of the command card.

Oh, and in regards to you last question, yes. The file all heroes share is the team glow texture file (unless you're using regular units).
that would only cause a crash when the unit was trained though...

Oh, and also, are you protecting your map and/or using WEU?

Level 3
All hero units, i'm not using any map protectors at this stage, and not using WEU All the position icons are whitin normal parameters. Ty if you can help... it really is an odd problem.

Level 1
I had the same error too once. I found out it was some unit's Techtree - Dependancy Equivalents. It wasn't even one of the heroes being sold at the tavern. So check out all your adjusted/custom units ^^

Level 3
The problem still exists. I have been slowly working on it for many months but to no avail. Further testing has reveled it also crashes when an enemy unit dies. All triggers disabled has no effect. Whoop

Status
Not open for further replies.