• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

More Map File Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
*Sigh*, its the nub mapmaker here again XD......well, I decided to re-do the map. and thanks to tips and things I learned it happened a bit quicker. Of course, I had 4 backups XD....

BUT. My comp just got blasted by viruses. My anti-virus was old, and couldn't handle it. All wiped out. However, I did manage to backup a copy of my map on a floppy disc.

Now I've completely reformatted the pc, removing completely everything. I've reinstalled wc3 and gotten the patch, and then transferred my backup. However - it's not working. Trying to open map in editor, the message "could not open main map file" appeared. In the game, the list doesn't even show the map. So this anything you guys know how to fix...? If this is another common unfixable bug..........................................I really have the worst luck. -_-

Level 15
Maybe there was a bug while saving or sth
I got a similar problem too some time ago ... I was working on a map and while saving my computer crashed ... The half saved map was also not shown in Wc3 and i was unable to open it.... because i got a too old backup i stoped the project of lazyness
Maybe try to transfere it again ...

Level 7
You're always full of map file problems... Well Osama maybe your map has been goten by the virus before you copy it into floopy disc

Level 8
The only thing I can suggest is this:
1 - Locate the Problem File(s)
2 - Extract all the other files using a program like WinMPQ
3 - Put them in another map, replacing the files already in it, and use the default standard files that were your problem files.

Level 5
The only thing I can suggest is this:
1 - Locate the Problem File(s)
2 - Extract all the other files using a program like WinMPQ
3 - Put them in another map, replacing the files already in it, and use the default standard files that were your problem files.

Oh, so how do you look at/locate the files of the warcraft map? (as you can tell I'm really a newb :emote_sad: )

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
NEVER USE FLOPYDISKS. Once it says the file is copied it still writed for another 10-120 seconds, if in which time you remove the disk, the data is not fully saved. It took 10 seconds after copying to finish a 25-75 KB file so with a wc3 map probably longer. Use a flash stick since thoughs can hold a lot more and write VERY fast (almost as fast as your average HD).

Level 18
NEVER USE FLOPYDISKS. Once it says the file is copied it still writed for another 10-120 seconds, if in which time you remove the disk, the data is not fully saved. It took 10 seconds after copying to finish a 25-75 KB file so with a wc3 map probably longer. Use a flash stick since thoughs can hold a lot more and write VERY fast (almost as fast as your average HD).

Or one of the age-old zip drives if you happen to have one :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.