• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

-Story Discussion-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
We really should stop posting about the story in the Idea Factory thread, and start discussing it here. We want people who play it to have to figure it out on their own a little bit, besides for the fact that the main bad-guy IS Ganon, which everyone knows already.
So far, it looks like the basics are:
The fairy that follows our new Reborn Link should be Tatl.
The secondary antagonists are the Four Majora Giants.
The main antagonist is Ganon/dorf.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I also believe that the story should be a tad dark. No Zelda (I know you don't like this idea, Azazel) and no female companionship. This is a bleak world. Link is going up against IMPOSSIBLE ODDS with only a little fairy to guide and comfort him.

Level 10
@Azazel: The idea of Zelda "freeing" the fragments of Majora's Spirit from the Giants is cool, but I'm still strongly against it. Perhaps Link's family heirloom is the powerless mask, which he must carry around and use to re-capture the aforementioned fragments.

Level 13
I like that idea as much as I like the zelda idea.

I only came up with Zelda because I needed something that could clear the guardians as Link isn't supposed to kill them :/

But maybe we could even go a step further and make link first find 4 different masks in which he can banish the daemon because otherwise he would restore the evil majors mask...

Well for the story we need to think - to distinguish this game as special in its own right I would say that it would be best if we tried to touch ground that hasn't been touched throughout the Zelda series.

Tloz is going to be kinda odd without Zelda, but of course it worked fine in Majora's mask so it should work here.

Bringing Majora back into the story could be an interesting premise done right, they never really elaborated on his Character other then he's pretty much insane (and I'm inferring Majora is male, they never really reveal that either). Also using evil against evil could be an interesting idea, as then it leaves the player guessing whether or not its a good idea to do whats being done.

Level 13
For centuries after the praised hero of time defeated the major's mask and saved Termina from it's destruction, the people in Termina lived in peace and harmony.
But the evil once living inside the Mask was not completely destroyed.
The daemon fled from the legendary Hero and hid in a cave deep inside the earth at a place where noone every dares to go.

Now after several generations passed on its powers began to strengthen and it left the cave to bring once more destruction over the world.
Its targets this time were the four guardians who had helped link defeating it before and who secured peace in the time of its absence.

The daemon corrupted the minds of the four guardians and they no longer stayed peaceful.
They began to envy each other and tried to increase their power and territory.
The war between the four also influenced the life of the people in Termina.
Rivers dried out, forest became deserts and Lava errupted from the highest mountains.

Level 13
In this dark times where the fate of Termina was not secured anymore the 2 fairies who once had helped the legendary hero began to look for a new person to take up the hero's destiny to save the land.

So if we take this story as a basic we can still change the way Link defeats the guardians. But if we take this we will NOT include Ganondorf in the story won't we?

I don't really like the idea of making Link restore the original Major's Mask :/

I think we should add 4 special masks which must be created by the 4 races (deku, zora, goron, human) to seal the daemon.
Maybe Link has to collect certain materials to make them. That would make the whole story longer

Level 10
The Happy Mask Salesman in Majora's Mask says that the mask comes from an ancient tribe, which used it for rituals and torture and such.

If we're against the idea of reforming Majora's Mask, then perhaps each dungeon (the initial four, one for each giant) houses a descendant from that same ancient tribe. Link seeks their help in attempting to seal away the evil again.

This could play out with Ganon coming in as Majora's Spirit is reformed, and he snatches the power for himself. The Mask Reformation idea would work the same way, with Ganon just stealing the Mask instead of the Spirit. OR, merging BOTH ideas, these descendants can seal the 4 Spirit Fragments back into the Mask.

Level 8
I think that we should link EVERY single Zelda map into this, such as after you go through Termina you can have the option of going into another "Story" of Zelda, such as finding yourself in the Lost Woods and wondering back to do the OoT quest line. Then go into the Wind Waker one, then into the next etc... Would be pretty nice and I'd love to see that.

Level 13
No sorry but that is just not possible. I once tried to make an OoT campaign and it was so much work I actually stopped it after terraining lost woods and kokiri forest.

We can't put that much into one map.

Besides we don't want to copy any existing zelda we want to create a completely new one.

Level 8
From the map it just looks like Majora's mask. The areas, the line where you defeat bosses for their masks. Etc...

Level 10
Obviously not a final version. I'm not a talented artist in the least bit, so I can't really visualize what I'm imagining Termina will look like. I know for a fact that it will NOT look like that. I really hope it doesn't look like that >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.