• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Storm Bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
How to create stun AoE spell such as Sven's storm bolt ?For those that don't know,it's such as Original's storm bolt,but it's AoE

Level 9
Nope mckill2009, it's not totally "easy" :D There's also some advances in that "hammer of Thor"
It needs a system to check if the enemies of caster are saying: "OMG! The hammer is about to stun us!". For a non-lol explain: it needs a system to detect if the dummy is about to reach the target unit (which uses wait or a looping trigger, could cause some non-MUI or leaks) => Bad hammer throw :D. Else, we could give the dummy ability: "Suicide" and order it to use the ability on the target and check when it dies, we do "Stun"

I don't really have time right now, a "way to do this" come out when i read this and want to "make things easier". Goodluck

P/S: Good to be back, i almost done all the exams

Level 11
  • AoE Storm Bolt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to AoE Storm Bolt
    • Actions
      • Set Location1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Location2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of Location2) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy_Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Location1 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Storm Bolt to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Location1)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Location2)
For some reason my WC3 doesnt launch, so i cant test it. But it should work. Use Blizzard or something as base ability.

Location1 and Location2 are Point variables.

Level 21
storm bolt have the area of effect field itself so it is a waste of space to trigger it. my example shows that the ability do have the field but what it requires in order to actually hit all targets in the area of effect i dont know.

Attachments

• storm bolt example.w3x
    17 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.