• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoE Stun Missile {DotA Rogue Knight's Storm Bolt}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello there, people. I need help about an ability. It was actually the DotA Rogue Knight's Storm Bolt which can uses AoE effect to stun the enemy surrounding that area. Which is the original ability I could use for this kinda spell?

Level 11
If you know how to use triggers and import spells
heres a link : Click Me.
If you dont then there is no other way to do that :)
You must learn GUI Triggering before doing advanced spells

Level 4
Thank you. How about the Warcry ability? I can't find any original ability which relates to both gaining movement speed and bonus armor. Can anyone help me find it? Or should I use Trigger Editor?

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Okey at first I'll tell you that 90% of dota abilities are based on channel (I meant active ones only).

Rogue's AoE stun and Warcry are one of them.
At first you have to prepare channel based ability properly.
Click on 'Create new ability' from file and from filter find 'Channel' in Hero section.
Now set following field as written:
Data - Follow Through time number between 0.7 ns 1.5 - it's just the pause time within which unit plays it's animation while casting spell, if 0 the unit can move immidiately after cast. However, fullfill it as you desire.

From data option select 'Visible', and Spelltype Target.
Set field 'Disable other abilities' to False. Last step is setting the area of effect. It's field little below the rest of mentioned.

About preparing Warcry situation is the same: reapat every step but now you have to click on field 'Data - Base Order Id' and choose anything but not the same id (it's shown as string) as you had in AoE stun one. Okey, since you dont need AoE indicator here, set field Area of effect to 0 and from Spelltype data field choose - No target.

Your two abilities are prepared. You have to know that channel is unique ability, and gives posibiliy to be a base for almost every spell. If you weren't using that ability before you should go read about it. However, channel has no effect at all ;) It's just a great base spell since you can change BASE ORDER ID meaning that your hero can have 11 spells based on it and they wont bug as long as base order id field is differend for each other.

Now, since you know that channel has no effect at all - you have to trigger all the effect.
For AoE stun:
  • init
    • Events
      • Unit - Starts the effect of ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to AoE stun
    • Actions
      • Set temppoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in 300 range of temppoint matching conditions <your conditions - enemies>
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set temppoint2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy at temppoint for (Triggering player) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Thunderbolt to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human: Mountain King - Thunderbolt (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add 0.5 generic expiration timer to last created unit
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)
Now Warcry:
  • init
    • Events
      • Unit - Starts the effect of ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Warcry
    • Actions
      • Set temppoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in 300 range of temppoint matching conditions <your conditions- allies>
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set temppoint2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy at temppoint for (Triggering player) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add BloodLust to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human: Priest - Inner Fire (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add 0.5 generic expiration timer to last created unit
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)
Where 'Dummy' is standard dummy model. You have to remember to properly customize 'Inner Fire' and 'Thunderbolt' spells for exact damage/buff you want them to apply. Ofcourse you can add some special effects. Like for Warcry - create/destroy effect from NE druid spell.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Well the problem for the Warcry is when I use the Roar as my default caster, then add Devotion Aura on it, there are two buff showing. How to make it so that they have one buff only? It seems like removing buff is DEFINITELY impossible to do that.

Have you read my post? Or just ignored it and used solution 'time devotion aura'? Base your spell on channel ability, and read my post. Devotion aura isn't the bad idea, but anyways you should stick with channel ability, it doesn't provide additional buff. Add aura in actions later, although inner fire is fine too and gives more posibilities.

Level 4
Sorry it should be:

Well the problem for the Warcry is when I use the Roar as my default caster, then add Rune of Speed on it, there are two buff showing. So since I can't find any ability that relates to both movement speed and armor bonus, hence I use the trigger editor. But if so, that's how the two buff coming, because when I remove the Roar's buff, it still will appear. So how to make it so that they have one buff only?

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Use the item movement speed bonus
It doesn't stack so it's risky to use that ability.

@myronbeg
Whats the problem? I dont have all abilities in my head, although even if you can't find one that has both bonunes add them do spellbook and disable spellbook ability after adding thus making both (ms & armor) invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.