• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stopping spells from damaging friendly units in an AoE group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So here's my spell. I'm trying to get this to not damage the casting unit.

• Black Mage Meteor
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Meteor
    • Actions
      • Set TargetLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Sound - Play GlueScreenMeteorLaunch3 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at TargetLoc with Z offset 0.00
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TargetLoc using war3mapImported\ChaosMeteorV3.mdx
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 225.00 of TargetLoc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 225.00 at TargetLoc, dealing ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 5.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Divine
          • Sound - Play GlueScreenMeteorHit3 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at TargetLoc with Z offset 0.00
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 225.00 of TargetLoc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Casting Dummy / knockback for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TargetLoc facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Knockback to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Knockback for (Last created unit) to 1
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TargetLoc)

Level 18
I'm more interested on what features they're going to improve from WarCraft III. If they finish up the implementation of trackables that would be cool, as well as fixing things that desync the game. Also functions for stuff like GetHost that doesn't involve an unnecessary wait.

Pretty much just a bigger, more stable API is all I ask :D

Status
Not open for further replies.