• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stopping a Dummy Spell that uses "Channel" from being casted on allies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Just as the title says, the majority of spells in an RPG I'm working on use Channel as a dummy spell and have some other custom effects to them. For some odd reason however the Dummy spells can be casted on allies, ignoring that the only allowable targets enabled are "Enemy, Ground, Not Self".

The issue is this:

1) The spells will hit allies, thus triggering a cooldown and using mana.
2) The triggers are activating from this, yes this is easily fixable by just making it so the trigger cannot go off when the spell is cast on an ally, but I wouldn't need that if this bug wasn't occuring in the first place.

Is there some thing that just hasn't caught my eye on Channel to stop it from being castable on allies? I just recently started using Channel for my dummy spells (Used regular spells before) so it's very possible I'm just missing something.

(There was another thing about channel I was having an issue with that I can't remember, I'll edit when I do)

Status
Not open for further replies.