• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can we use channel with AI and why do u create dummy in map init

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard to we cannot use channel spell with AI or triggers so can u make it 100% clear, just can we or cannot.

About dummy in map init, I have seen to many of u are creating dummy unit in map init trigger and add it custom hero spell and then remove that dummy. This removes leaks for later using spell, or just first. Does I need to order dummy to cast that spell on just to give spell to dummy and then remove dummy unit. Does I must to do this to all my custom spells?

Level 11
To answer your first question: Yes. Just issue whatever the base order ID of the channel spell is via trigger and it will cast.

I believe you'll still need to specify the proper target, though. So even if your Channel based ability with the base order ID of Chain Lightning is an Instant or Point Target spell, it will expect a unit target. So best to use a base order ID that corresponds to the proper targeting.

Level 19
Spells with levels below or 5 need preload for FIRST cast.
Spells with levels above 5 need preload for first LEARN.

When preloading be aware that the dummy can hold a maximum of 6 spells
And it is highly recommended that you pause the game somehow or at least add a small interval with waits between different type of preloads.

Also it is flavored among modders that SFX's as well are preloaded along with the abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.