• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Making a Channelling spell become non-channelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hello guys. It seems like I have created too many threads in the last few days but I hope u guys wont get mad :D.
This time I have some problem with a channelling spell. I have try to use a dummy but because I dont have many experience with that so it failed >.<. I create an dummy ability for my hero and then a true ability for the dummy but dont know how to order the dummy to cast that spell (it doesnt includes in the order).
So my question is: How can I make a channelling spell become non-channelling? If it can be done by creating a dummy unit, plz show me how (I'm only using trigger in WE). If it can be done in other way, teach me about it XD.

Level 10
  • Set TempPoint = target point of ability being cast //if it's a point target ability
  • Create 1 Dummy at TempPoint
  • Add 5 second expiration timer to last created unit
  • Hide last created unit
  • Add Ability to last created unit //Make sure that it has no techtree requirements, mana cost or cooldown
  • Order last created unit to cast the ability, that your ability is based on
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
  • Set TempPoint = target point of ability being cast //if it's a point target ability
  • Create 1 Dummy at TempPoint
  • Add 5 second expiration timer to last created unit
  • Hide last created unit
  • Add Ability to last created unit //Make sure that it has no techtree requirements, mana cost or cooldown
  • Order last created unit to cast the ability, that your ability is based on
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
I have tried ur way but there is a problem. The Dummy unit only cast 1 Wave of Blizzard (my base skill is blizzard) while I want it to make more. Dont know why it's happen. Also, I need to remove hide last created unit.
Here is my trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard (custom)
  • Actions
    • Set CastingHero = (Triggering unit)
    • Set AOE = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at AOE facing AOE
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Add Blizzard (Ultimate) to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Set level of Blizzard (Ultimate) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Blizzard (custom) for CastingHero)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Archmage - Blizzard AOE
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_AOE)

Level 33
I have tried ur way but there is a problem. The Dummy unit only cast 1 Wave of Blizzard (my base skill is blizzard) while I want it to make more. Dont know why it's happen. Also, I need to remove hide last created unit.
Here is my trigger:

Check your trigger, it has this action;
  • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
This means that your unit only has 2 seconds of lifetime.
After it casts the first wave, the unit dies, that's why it only occurs one.
You should set the "2.00" equal to the value of Blizzard in Object Editor.

Let's say its duration is 10.00, so you should set 11 (plus minus its casting time bla bla).

Status
Not open for further replies.