• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Stone Skin ability from Stone Giant turned into hero ability wont display armor bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I turned Stone Skin into a Hero ability. it works, it just doesnt display the bonus anywhere. i imagine this is because the defense from stone skin works differently than normal defense (i think its calculated at the end of everything and is not effected by weapon type).... Anyway, im trying to manually get the armor increase from the ability to display in the green "added bonus" number next to armor. I found Action>Units>SetReal>Defense(udfc). is this the function im looking for? i cant find anything else but if its not a Real function, could you please direct me to where the function im looking for might be?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
If you're talking about the Mountain Giant's Hardened Skin ability, that ability doesn't add any armor. It simply reduces attack damage taken by a flat amount down to a minimum value.

Armor by default reduces attack damage taken by 6%.

If you want to add Armor to your Hero after learning the ability, you can add an Armor ability to it with triggers.
  • example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Stone Skin
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Stone Skin for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Item Armor Bonus (Stone Skin) to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Item Armor Bonus (Stone Skin) for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Stone Skin for (Triggering unit))
In this example I took an Item Armor Bonus ability (like the one Ring of Protection uses), gave it 3 Levels, and set the Bonus Armor fields to +2/+4/+6.

When you learn Stone Skin it checks the level of it. If Stone Skin is level 1 it adds Item Armor Bonus. Otherwise, it updates the level of Item Armor Bonus to match Stone Skin's level.

Attachments

• ex.png
    ex.png
    525.5 KB · Views: 30
Level 4
If you're talking about the Mountain Giant's Hardened Skin ability, that ability doesn't add any armor. It simply reduces attack damage taken by a flat amount down to a minimum value.

Armor by default reduces attack damage taken by 6%.

If you want to add Armor to your Hero after learning the ability, you can add an Armor ability to it with triggers.
  • example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Stone Skin
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Stone Skin for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Item Armor Bonus (Stone Skin) to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Item Armor Bonus (Stone Skin) for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Stone Skin for (Triggering unit))
In this example I took an Item Armor Bonus ability (like the one Ring of Protection uses), gave it 3 Levels, and set the Bonus Armor fields to +2/+4/+6.

When you learn Stone Skin it checks the level of it. If Stone Skin is level 1 it adds Item Armor Bonus. Otherwise, it updates the level of Item Armor Bonus to match Stone Skin's level.
AH snap. Thats very good to know. Thank you for telling me how that ability works. much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.