• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Mana Flare Bonus Armor Trouble

Level 6
Hi everyone! I'd like to know if there is a way to configure the bonus armor given to a unit that is casting "Mana Flare" (Faerie Dragon). Both Stone Form (Gargoyle) and Mana Flare (Faerie Dragon) are abilities that increase the armor of the user, but none of them has the right field to change this value.

My idea with this: I'll make an ability for a hero that, when he casts, he receives a great amount of armor (for tanking purposes). The only rule for this ability, is that the hero cannot attack, so a buff like Roar will not fit.

With a Mana Flare based ability (the one that fits better), the hero could deal damage as enemies cast abilities nearby (classic function).

With a Stone Form based ability, the hero could heal himself with the regeneration, but could easily be surrounded by enemies (player need to take care on use).

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Mana Flare seems to use the Damage Cooldown field to determine it's Armor -> 12.000.

Stone Form uses an Alternate unit which has Base Armor equal to 15:
1707812635605.png

But it's one of the easiest things to trigger yourself. For example, when channeling an ability you can do this:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Put your ability here
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Armor Bonus +10000 to (Triggering unit)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • Put your ability here
  • Actions
    • Unit - Removes Armor Bonus +10000 from (Triggering unit)
Armor Bonus +10000 is based on any Item Armor Bonus ability.

Level 6
Mana Flare seems to use the Damage Cooldown field to determine it's Armor -> 12.000.

Stone Form uses an Alternate unit which has Base Armor equal to 15:
View attachment 461708

But it's one of the easiest things to trigger yourself. For example, when channeling an ability you can do this:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Put your ability here
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Armor Bonus +10000 to (Triggering unit)
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • Put your ability here
  • Actions
    • Unit - Removes Armor Bonus +10000 from (Triggering unit)
Armor Bonus +10000 is based on any Item Armor Bonus ability.
Checked everything you said here, and both solutions worked well here. I went to the easiest way, changing "Damage Cooldown" from Mana Flare, and sticking on the original idea for the hero. Thanks for your reply.