• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Stone Ramp Fix/Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well, I need the normal stone ramps for my map to be better centered because they dont allign with the bridges and other ramps very well. I tryed doing it myself using War3 Model Editor but they would randomly not work at all.Sometimes when I test the map they'd work perfectly and sometimes-the units just go through and under them,ignoring the actual ramp, as if there are just the 2 collumns on the sides. Im pretty sure its from the model because of that and because I havent changed ANY other setting in the Object Editor.
Thanks in advance!:wink:

Last edited:
Level 19
It sounds more like a pathing problem. Can you upload an example map or screenshot of the issue you're having? I'm sure we can help you with it if we can see the problem in action.

Heres the world because for some reason I cant take a screenshot on wc3. I just translated/moved the vertexes in Magos' so it was better centered.

Edit: Now that I think of it, when I first tryed to fix it I moved it in only one direction(X/Y, not sure which one) and it worked when it was facing a certain angle, then when I tryed centering it better using X and Y then it didnt work at all

Last edited:
Level 21
Ah, try using Geoset Translation to move the original ramps (in MDL format) instead of Magos. It might take more tinkering to get it right than it would with Magos, but it keeps the geosets intact and won't cause the ramps to stop working.

By the way, don't worry about the tool showing "malicious content" when you go to download it. You can find the post for all of the Oinkerwinkle tools here.

Level 19
Ah, try using Geoset Translation to move the original ramps (in MDL format) instead of Magos. It might take more tinkering to get it right than it would with Magos, but it keeps the geosets intact and won't cause the ramps to stop working.

By the way, don't worry about the tool showing "malicious content" when you go to download it. You can find the post for all of the Oinkerwinkle tools here.

Thanks, it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.