• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gate models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys, I am trying to create a gate in custom units that can open and close, having huge difficulties doing this and after some help from others it seems I need a custom model done, So I ask if anyone out there can please make me a gate model both open and closed. The main reason I am having difficulties is because I want these gates to be able to be built anywhere

If possible I would like it if the gate could go with the "stone wall (horizontal)" model, as they are the walls I am using.

thanks in advance

Level 18
You can do this with the InGame Gates.. all of them have the required animations.

You can also make them buildable! The trick here is that you're playing the open animation of the gate and then replacing it with the same Gate,
but with no pathing so Units can walk over it. And the same back, when you close it. You can use common units or buildings to get this effect and make it buildable..

Level 1
How do I access the open models? the only ones there are horizontal, vertical and both diagonal.

Level 1
Ah right that sucks, hmm I best try think of some other way then, thanks for your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.