• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stone Ramp Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey guys, I'm just here to ask about his particular doodad that caused me a bit of confusion just a few minutes ago. I myself have already solved the problem but I still do not know the cause of the problem itself.

I was looking for the smallest ramp available in WE so that I can use it as stairs in my map, so I chose the stone ramp destructible. However, its pathing and model seems to be a little bit confusing as they are not matched. (See Image)

222907-albums6224-picture75933.jpg

(This applies to all other variants of the Stone Ramp destructible)

Ingame, the pathing followed is exactly aligned with the model so the units can walk up and down the ramp correctly, but in the WE, when I try to place units at the ramp, the followed pathing is the one displayed in the editor, making the model look unaligned with the path. I also tried changing the model of the destructible into a blank one but when I tested it ingame, the pathing disappeared with the model (I wanted to use a better model so it could fit in my map more).

Is it really possible that the pathing for this is in the model itself and not in the Pathing data field in the object editor? Like somewhat hard-coded in the game itself? If not, what is the actual case here?

Status
Not open for further replies.