1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Solved] Stone Gathering Fix

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by UmbraUnda, Feb 20, 2017.

1. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, hopefully the leaks aren't game crashing. Well, I just want it to work and eliminate the bugs - so what gets done is really up to you.

O wow, you must be a pro.

Thanks again, appreciate all the help. To have everything redone in vJass would be amazing.

I also wanna transfer some triggers that are in vJass from @MassiveMaster 's Castle Defense map if you could help with that later on. (No rush)
    Mainly the Fortifications system which includes, walkable buildable walls + new construction system. That map was ahead of its time.

2. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Leaks are not gamecrashing most of the times. You need a lot of leaks to even recognize them.
    It's gonna be normal JASS. For vJASS you would need the JNGP to even save your map, so JASS is more comfortable for you.
    Once I am finished with this I can take a look at it.

3. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Phew, good.

Oh wait maybe it is regular JASS idk... I lack the experience. Alright whatever works :D

Awesome!

4. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright Jampion & Fruit Forest - you guys are in the credits now. More rep coming soon

5. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Alright so I tested it - It works 100% fine if you only use the long hall to harvest. Once I built the stone mill, and units were close enough to the stone mill, I got the same problem where workers start bringing it back after each strike. If units are at a medium range of the stone mill it works fine. Maybe something with range check?
    Also there's no forced return resources ability (return resources).

So at this point, I think Jampion's trigger is fine for now. Jampion also offered to turn his trigger into JASS to avoid memory leaks.

However I'm still in need of help with some other triggers if you're down. No rush for these btw and if you're not interested its fine, appreciate all the help so far. thanks
    I want to copy over some triggers from @MassiveMaster 's Castle Defense Map. This map is ahead of its time and the author is M.I.A. so idk how to implement it.
    Specifically the fortification system and construction system - they allow walkable buildable walls + doorway system to move through gates and towers along the walkable wall, rotatable buildings, and a unique construction system that requires multiple workers (which makes realistic sense - rarely are buildings built by one worker).

The majority of the work is identifying variables and then figuring out how to implement it into my map.

Im also looking to make a new construction system using build plots to save space in the build ability's building list (and or make a custom multipage build ability?)
    + Custom Resources starting with food via hunting beasts and a farming system using crops and plowable terrain (or farm building) + other farm related builtings like a windmill, granary, etc for crafting food items or something.

6. Fruit Forest

Fruit Forest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's probably because of the range checking. You built the stone mill too close to the rocks and the system always engage all units which has at least 1 rock point.

turning into jass won't let you to avoid leaks.

7. Jampion

Jampion

JASS Reviewer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is the finished map. Most gathering triggers are in JASS and I removed the leaks in the gathering triggers.
    Workers can no longer carry lumber and stones at the same time. Workers have a return resources ability, that makes them return lumber/stones if possible.
    If harvesting lumber they also have the standard harvest/return lumber abilities.

Attached Files:

8. UmbraUnda

UmbraUnda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow Jampion - you are a pro. Thanks, you took care of everything mate. Consider this trigger solved.

Lemme know if you're able to help transfer the triggers from that Castle Defense map to mine.