• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stitching different models together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am kind of new to modeling; I need to chop up the vilager model and give it some different bone animations. I will need to make a different model for each different weapon type in my game.
2H sword = villager model with arthas' bone animations
dual wield = villager with fire panda's bone animations
bow = villager with archer bone animations
etc......
I need to know what programs, other than mago's, I will need to do something like this, and how I would do this with those programs.

Level 5
Oh of course. Well that's what I get for being such a closed-minded 3DS 5 user =D

I wonder if for your peasant project you wouldn't want to just make a single model and use triggers in your map for each item type? But then you'd have to do a lot of dope sheet work and trigger work, but then if you customized your hero further you would just have 1 mesh to worry about, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.