• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starting my own 2d mmorpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey folks !!! You know that there are hundreds of orpg maps for Warcraft 3 , but this time it's something different : I am making my own mmorpg !!!!

Currently it's nameless since the project has just started , it will be free forever mmorpg but donations will always be welcome (no benefit from them) .

rpgstudioscreenshot19furankusaga.jpg

rpgstudioscreenshot23furankusaga.jpg

rpgstudioscreenshot28furankusaga.jpg

I've just started it so don't ask for stories and everything . I am posting this here just to know : is it a good idea of starting a game like that ? (Please don't post craps like : omg n00bz0rz stop it and go play dota)

Level 45
1. Why do we care? I mean, honestly, its not worth our time at all unless you can really offer something and not just fake "IT WWILL BE NUMBER11!! :D" . Should i announce an offtopic thread to every attempt to make a game in RpgmakerXp or some other game maker? No. NEVER. Especially if you arnt =1. Serious. 2. Willing to spend the time 3. At least OLD enough to manage your time properly and professionally and 4. lastly mature enough to handle real feedback. And if you are to simply discuss that idea why is it in offtopic? Why arnt you at the game maker forums?

2. You havnt even started, AT ALL. and its pretty much accurate that around 99.99% ideas in the world wont get finished.

3. It will fail. Because you have clearly taken the wrong approach already.

4. Thats not a screenshot of your " free game ". Dont try to shock and awe people with coverups.
See link:
RPG Studio - Free Software Downloads - ZDNet Asia

Level 17
1. Why do we care? I mean, honestly, its not worth our time at all unless you can really offer something and not just fake "IT WWILL BE NUMBER11!! :D" . Should i announce an offtopic thread to every attempt to make a game in RpgmakerXp or some other game maker? No. NEVER. Especially if you arnt =1. Serious. 2. Willing to spend the time 3. At least OLD enough to manage your time properly and professionally and 4. lastly mature enough to handle real feedback. And if you are to simply discuss that idea why is it in offtopic? Why arnt you at the game maker forums?

2. You havnt even started, AT ALL. and its pretty much accurate that around 99.99% ideas in the world wont get finished.

4. Thats not a screenshot of your " free game ". Dont try to shock and awe people with coverups.
See link:

GG, wulf has spoken.
http://www.zdnetasia.com/downloads/pc/swinfo/0,39043052,39000786r-39407844s,00.htm

Level 4

See link:

1. I don't really care , do you care or not . People who are interested , will care .

2.I've already started and doing the basics .

3.Whatever?

4.We are "internet friends" with the maker of RPG Studio , and he's really good at programming , so he will help me alot , and the screenies look alike so I figured there is no point of uploading my own screenies and bla bla bla .

Level 25
1. I don't really care , do you care or not . People who are interested , will care .

3.Whatever?

4.We are "internet friends" with the maker of RPG Studio , and he's really good at programming , so he will help me alot , and the screenies look alike so I figured there is no point of uploading my own screenies and bla bla bla .

1. So no one will care, except for you and your friends?

2. Good. Then quit now and go work on a project that isn't doomed to failure by being a generic fantasy MMORPG. Go make something creative like Aquaria or Cave Story

3. Yes. It will fail. And you'll have wasted months you could have used to make something worthwhile

4. Well yippee doodah for you. It still seems suspicious

Level 4
1. So no one will care, except for you and your friends?

2. Good. Then quit now and go work on a project that isn't doomed to failure by being a generic fantasy MMORPG. Go make something creative like Aquaria or Cave Story

3. Yes. It will fail. And you'll have wasted months you could have used to make something worthwhile

4. Well yippee doodah for you. It still seems suspicious

1. Wrong

2. How about you go make "something creative like Aquaria or Cave Story" and F*** off ?

3. For example ?

4. The only suspicious thing is how can Administrator be such an ****** *** *** (sadly , no swearing is allowed)

Level 25
1. Wrong

2. How about you go make "something creative like Aquaria or Cave Story" and F*** off ?

3. For example ?

4. The only suspicious thing is how can Administrator be such an ****** *** *** (sadly , no swearing is allowed)

1. Show me someone else who cares. Go on

2. I'm not the one going to a forum and trying to proclaim how brilliant I am by saying I'm making a generic MMORPG that looks like something that would have been looked down upon during the Genesis/SNES era. That's your job. Go and put that lump of matter you call a brain to use and make something unique that people might be interested in

3. Something unique, something interesting... Heck, you could make a hard as hell fantasy platformer game that makes I Wanna Be the Guy look easy

Oh, and if you don't know what I Wanna Be the Guy is, get out now and stop pretending to know what you're talking about

4. Oh, I'm soooo sorry. Should I be kissing your ass, hoping for you to make this game in your obvious brilliance?

It looks shit. We're informing you that it looks shit. Get used to it bud, the Internet ain't full of Yes-men. Go find any professional game development website and tell them you're making a Fantasy MMORPG. Or heck, a Sci-Fi FPS. That'll crack them up good

Also, swear all you want. If you can give an insult that honestly phases me, you might humor my dark heart for a brief few seconds

Level 4
1. Show me someone else who cares. Go on

2. I'm not the one going to a forum and trying to proclaim how brilliant I am by saying I'm making a generic MMORPG that looks like something that would have been looked down upon during the Genesis/SNES era. That's your job. Go and put that lump of matter you call a brain to use and make something unique that people might be interested in

3. Something unique, something interesting... Heck, you could make a hard as hell fantasy platformer game that makes I Wanna Be the Guy look easy

Oh, and if you don't know what I Wanna Be the Guy is, get out now and stop pretending to know what you're talking about

4. Oh, I'm soooo sorry. Should I be kissing your ass, hoping for you to make this game in your obvious brilliance?

It looks shit. We're informing you that it looks shit. Get used to it bud, the Internet ain't full of Yes-men. Go find any professional game development website and tell them you're making a Fantasy MMORPG. Or heck, a Sci-Fi FPS. That'll crack them up good

Also, swear all you want. If you can give an insult that honestly phases me, you might humor my dark heart for a brief few seconds

1. You aren't worth it

2. Me neither

3. It's probably something crappy that only you would play

4. Make a better one then

Level 25
1. You aren't worth it

2. Me neither

3. It's probably something crappy that only you would play

4. Make a better one then

1. Awww, can't afford to back up your points? Cry more, little baby. Cry more

2. Actually you are. Unless you're posting from some bizzare alternate dimension where you didn't actually post this topic in the first place, in which case you shouldn't be arguing, because you never posted it

3. You're not a gamer at all, are you? What was the last video game you played?

4. No. I'm not claiming to have video game creating skills. You, on the other hand, are. And I'm telling you that you're wasting your time by making something that no one will want because it won't stand out from the 10,000 other MMORPGs out there

Seriously, have you even LOOKED at the market for MMORPGs? Or did you just see WoW and decided you wanted a slice of that pie?

Level 4
1. Awww, can't afford to back up your points? Cry more, little baby. Cry more

2. Actually you are. Unless you're posting from some bizzare alternate dimension where you didn't actually post this topic in the first place, in which case you shouldn't be arguing, because you never posted it

3. You're not a gamer at all, are you? What was the last video game you played?

4. No. I'm not claiming to have video game creating skills. You, on the other hand, are. And I'm telling you that you're wasting your time by making something that no one will want because it won't stand out from the 10,000 other MMORPGs out there

Seriously, have you even LOOKED at the market for MMORPGs? Or did you just see WoW and decided you wanted a slice of that pie?

Well anyway , I don't care about your shitty comments . Like I said , I am not trying to make it a mmorpg popular like wow or something . Basically I've just decided to try learning something useful (in fact , I'll have to learn modeling too) and any experience is better than nothing ;D

Level 13

3.Whatever?

1. People won't be interested. It's another usual MMO.

2. Then instead of showing us the fake screenshots you did, why not show us what you've gotten done in the basics?

3. Even IF on the off chance you get this done, you'd have to buy and pay for a server. I doubt you have the funds for such an endeavor, unless you're some spoiled rich kid. (You have the attitude to match one, that's for sure.)

4. I doubt it, if that's the case maybe you can get said maker to come vouch for you, and to further prove it, have him give a link to his forums in which we can PM him and confirm for ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.