• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starting Mana Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've encountered a slight problem when starting my map. I have a unit that's based off the assassination rogue from world of warcraft (energy instead of mana).

I set the mana regeneration in the object editor to 8 which should cause his limited mana to fill up very quickly but when the hero is first chosen his mana Regen is almost non existent.

The mana Regen in the world editor doesn't seem to take effect until AFTER he dies and is resurrected. Is there any way around this without having to kill the unit as soon as you choose him?

Level 6
maybe you're talking about stats - mana initial amount
in mana regen:
8.0 means 800%
.8 means 80%
.08 means 8%

Last edited:
Level 1
His mana needs to regenerate almost instantly hehe, he's a character based upon the rogue class from World of Warcraft. The problem however is this.... until he dies, his mana regenerates as if it were .01 not 8.
once he dies once and is resurrected by triggers, his mana works normally. However, I wanted to know if theres a setting i need to change to fix that so that his mana regen works as its intended to (8) and not the default from the start so he doesnt have to die before he can become viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.