• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to replace mana with energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is there any way to replace mana with energy? Like in WoW's rogue. If you don't know what I mean i need to make an unit have 100 mana, with a fixed(and by that I mean it shouldn't benefit from buffs like brilliance aura or bonus regen from intelligence) mana regen of 10 pts every second.
Thanks in advance.

Level 8
You can change the values for the unit in the object editor like setting the starting mana, mana regeneration and intelligence gain per level. You can adjust the mana regeneration per intelligence in the gameplay constants.

As far as the buffs, I'm not sure what you want to do there, but you can change the targets allowed for example on the brillance aura you could uncheck self that way it would only target allies and not the unit that has the aura.

Level 15
1. Set his mana regeneration to 0
2. Set his starting mana to 100
3. Create a trigger that runs every 1 second and set his mana to (current mana + 10)
4. Either set his intelligence to 0 and his intelligence per level to 0 OR go to gameplay constants and set the mana regen gotten from intelligence to 0.

Level 33
raven0 did not say anything about gameplay constants, rather, he was referring to changing the unit itself to have 0 regeneraton. If a unit gains a 10% regen bonus on 0/sec, that's not going to increase its regeneration. No gameplay constants are changed.

4. Either set his intelligence to 0 and his intelligence per level to 0 or go to gameplay constants and set the mana regen gotten from intelligence to 0.

. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.