• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starting Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
To add a start location with no building, simply browse to the Trigger Editor (F4) in your new map and delete the trigger:

[TRIGGER=Melee Initialization]Melee Initialization
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)[/TRIGGER]

Then add the starting location(s).

[off-topic] ~ Thread moved.

Level 9
Well to just stop createing units just remove the
  • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
action.
These actions are added into every map by defult because they are what is required to create a melee game without any triggering...
- Hope this helps...

Level 9
I don't think so,
Im not near WE atm so I cant be sure but I think the action works for all players only.
If im wrong you should be able to click and edit the action to work for one player only...
- Hope this helps...

Level 9
I don't think so,
Im not near WE atm so I cant be sure but I think the action works for all players only.
You're right

rage321,
You've to remove this line from the melee init trigger
and to give starting unit to only one of the players...

well, if the player has a constant starting location and a pre-definied race, it's easy, just put the unit on the map under is own with the WE.

if not, you need to create this kind of trigger:
  • Starting unit for player 1
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Race of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to Human
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Town Hall for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing (...)
        • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing (...)
      • Else - Actions
      • [COLOR="SeaGreen"]etc etc... (for each race)[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Level 9
Two ways...

The first is the simplist, just do as Yoshi says but do it for all players but the one you don't want starting units for.
The second is too enable creation for all players but remove all your chosen players units at the start of the game or maybe the elapsed time of 0.1 seconds. The only problem is that if you have other preplaced units they would be removed too.
- Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.