• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starting Locations Problem (enemies are always next to each other)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'll Explain...

When you start on a Blizzard map that has 8 players, but only 4 people are playing in a 2v2, you start close to eachother and on opposite sides of the map (if possible)...

I made a map that has 8 starting locations, but when I do a 2v2, The allies are right beside eachother... But the Enemies are right next to them as well...

Is there a way to get them to start away from eachother as they do in Official maps...

Level 3
I checked there and there wasn't much that would affect where exactly you start exactly... The only thing that is clearly interchangeable is the priority settings...

I suppose you could set it where the start locations are fixed, but that makes it difficult to actually get everyone where they are supposed to be...

Still a problem...

Level 13
Fixed Start Locations is what you are looking for i'll check where it is than get back to u
its the only way to get people to start where u want them to start
Scenario Properties> Players
if thats not wat you want than its going to have to be done with triggers

Level 13
make a trigger for team one to start in the areas u want and team 2 to start in the other area
its morely regions

Level 13
due note this is the first time ive done this type of trigger but i know there is a way to get it to work
I'm doing this little by little
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set StartLocation = (Random integer number between 1 and 2)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • StartLocation Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 003 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • StartLocation Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of Region 001 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of Region 002 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Create 5 Peasant for Player 4 (Purple) at (Center of Region 003 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
This is basicly it u just need to add the places to the town hall and and the create unit it for them
the array is a Interger

Level 3
lol ok.. Well thanks for the idea, ill go playing around with the triggers and see what I can come up with... if you find anything else, please let me know....

If you can assure it works then i guess this is solved... For the moment

Level 13
Heres the map i made it on if u want to see for yourself
remember its only missing the "TOWNHALLS" which you can do those by add regions and makeing a trigger for each player
PS the trigger i made is for a full game only if u want a not full game than PM me and i'll send the trigger for that one too :p

Attachments

• Start Locations.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 47
Level 3
I see now how you engineer this and will be able to produce it on my own...

my maps are normally basic maps that have no custom anything in it... Meant for standard battling, im working on scenarios and a campaign in the bakground... But for now, just working on more detailed map making...

Thanks again

Level 3
Not that I know of. That's how the melee system works.

And if you trigger the thing, it will no longer be a melee map.

Exactly, because then it has custom features and becomes a Scenario.... Which I do not want, because then it falls away from the standard battling category....

But ok, if thats the way it is gonne be, guess thats they way its gonna be...

I tried to edit this and make it say "Solved" but I can't figure out how... Sorry, kinda new

Level 12
If you use the trigger above, make sure you use this action:
  • Melee Game - Create (Race of Player 1 (Red)) starting units for Player 1 (Red) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) (Include Heroes)
This function creates special starting units, a hero if the option is enabled and hunted/entangled gold mine. It saves a lot of time

Status
Not open for further replies.