• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starting location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello hiveworkshop members and staffs

Im starting a project with a melee map with all kind of Custom races (Naga, pandaren, goblins, blood elf.... and so on) so what i want to is that the starting building is a kinda tech tree that can upgrade to any of these races so players can pick whatever they want, i've been looking for the starting locations in trigger editor but with no luck. So what do i do? I've also tried putting out the tech tree building near gold mines but when i start the warcraft 3 through world editor it wont let me since it says i haven't added starting locations on the map and if i press yes it would just start out with normal races tech trees.

Can anybody help me please? I've tried searching but i have no idea what to search

Thanks btw :)

Level 12
You have deleted "create starting units for all palyers" in the melee initialization triggers right ?

Why don't you make it so there are a few building on the edge of the map from which the player can chse his race. And when the player pick remove the building and he gets 1 town hall of the desired race + 5 workers at his starting location.

Edit// I saw somewhere a wc3 tool which allows you to have more race options... will search for it.

Level 1
Yea i have, but i managed to fix it, i just added the keeps to each color, but the idea u gave me sounded very nice... But for real i have no idea on how to. Can't you find any video or any tutorial for me? or can you explain it short?

Level 12
The building in the edge is a shop. Being item or unit or upgrade or you can make it even with ability - doesn't matter.

Now the trigger part. Ability is easiest I think so ill go with it:
  • Race Pick example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chose Night Elves
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 Tree of Life for (Triggering player) at (Triggering player start location) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 5 Wisp for (Triggering player) at (Triggering Player start location) facing Default building facing degrees
Note:This is general look of the trigger. I thought making it first before cleaning it so you can understand it better.

Now a cleaned one:
  • Race Pick example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chose Night Elves
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Set TempPlayer = (Triggering player)
      • Unit - Create 1 Tree of Life for TempPlayer at (TempPlayer start location) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 5 Wisp for TempPlayer at (TempPlayer start location) facing Default building facing degrees
You'd need 1 trigger for each race or a loop with preset stuff in the map initialization trigger(recomended).

Edit// Well thats... short...

Status
Not open for further replies.