• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Tree of Life starts without entangling goldmine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm so very close to completing my project now at this point, but one of my bigger errors still remaining is this: whenever I start a game as the Night Elves, the Tree of Life starts too far away to have entangled the goldmine, and thus the goldmine starts unentangled. I've checked the Starting Locations, and the Tree is starting further away than the actual location of the Starting Location. If I increase the range on the Entangle Goldmine ability, then the Tree just starts that much further so as to be out of range, and the goldmine remains unentaingled upon game start.
The weird thing is that sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Although most of the time (like, 9/10), it does.
I don't have any triggers that involve the Tree of Life, and the only things I've done *to* the Tree of Life are changed its name to Corrupted Tree of Life and edited its texture and buttons. I've also changed all the appropriate interface strings from Tree of Life to Corrupted Tree of Life.
Anyone have any idea what in the eff could be causing this? I think this is my last big hurdle to get over other than finding someone to make a Quilboar interface, but that's another story.

Level 6
I did not make a new Entangle Goldmine ability or Entangled Goldmine unit based on the originals, I simply changed the originals' names (from Entangle Goldmine to Corrupt Goldmine and from Entangled Goldmine to Corrupted Goldmine).
However, your statement about the Orc Battle Stations ability answers a question pertaining to a completely unrelated problem that I had completely forgotten about. Thank you for that. lol
Do you think maybe the Goldmine entanglement might work if I changed the name from Corrupted back to Entangled?

Level 6
Sorry for the double post. I just popped in to let you all know that I managed to solve the problem on my own. SOMEHOW the Map Initialization trigger got messed up and the command that removes all the creeps from the starting locations somehow got moved down *below* the command that adds all the starting buildings, so the Tree of Life was trying to root in a location that already had enemy units on it, so it was starting further back, in the closest location it could manage. I just put the commands back in the right order and voilà, problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.