• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make Undead the same as Night Elf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I tried editing the values of the Necropolis, Halls of Dead, Black Citadel and Haunted goldmine to match the values of Corrupted Night Elf equivalents (i.e. Haunted Goldmine to Entangled Goldmine), but I did not get the results I expected in game. Corrupted Tree of Life spawns a bit farther away from goldmine and entangled goldmine removes goldmine when destroyed prematurely by attacking it or untangles goldmine when Corrupted tree of life uproots itself and also builds a 2nd entangled goldmine in the same position as the 1st when rooted close to it. How to fix this and also how to have Corrupted Night Elf (edited Undead) start with 5 wisps instead of 3 workers and 1 ghoul?

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 26
I didn't understand...
But I think you wanted to make the race work like an Undead, right?
You need to base your units from Undead units, and their race should be Undead.
This.
Basing your units as undead would be easier since you only need to change models, icons, and stats. If you don't want to rework, then post a test map so we can see the problems you described.

Level 23
To me, it seems like he wants to create a kind of playable corrupted night elf race. The closest to them is the night elves I think, since they aren't summoned like undead buildings, but just create blights (which can be done by adding abilities to the buildings). So basing your structures on night elf ones should do the trick.

If you want to have both the night elves and the corrupted ones as playables, you'd need to trigger the starting unit creation. You could use a race you don't like (for example, the undead), then just replace the starting units with your custom ones. (Remove ghoul, create two wisps in its place. Then just replace the acolytes with wisps as well.)

Level 3
Fel Horde, High Elf and Naga are already based on Orc, Human and Night Elf respectively. What I'm trying to ask is how to make Undead into Night Elf without these problems: artificial entangled goldmine(based on Haunted Goldmine) removes goldmine when destroyed and rooting artificial tree of life(based on Necropolis) near it creates a second entangled goldmine(based on Haunted Goldmine) on it, and initial position of townhall is not exactly close as Night Elf's and the game starts with 3 workers(artificial wisps) instead of 5 and 1 ghoul(intending to base it on corrupted treant) instead of 0.

Level 9
You need another object for Corrupted Entangled Gold Mine as Haunted Gold Mine is another building. You need to purely base the mechanics to the Undead race. That means the Corrupted Tree of Life must not have any entangling ability with it.

As Undead Player, I will command my Acolyte to Haunt a Gold Mine.
That means, basing it on Undead, my corrupted night elf race must do the same; I will command my corrupted wisp to "entangle?" a Gold Mine.

It won't be easy if you wanted to retain some Night Elf properties along with it, because the races are kind of... hard-coded.

Status
Not open for further replies.