• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with 'entangle goldmine'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Necropolis is to haunt a mine, (edited copy of entangle goldmine)
which spawns the aforementioned structure, (edited copy of entangled goldmine),
then Scarabs can gather gold inside.

The copy of 'entangle goldmine' ability doesnt function.
I assigned uproot to the main building in hopes of debuggin, which caused the building to cycle rapidly through stance upgrade #'s, however changed nothing.
Now if one can explain what exactly needs to be done to get it all to function, very please.

Edit:
Attempted to workaround with an 'place ivory tower' ability and with default undead mine this time. It cannot be placed on the goldmine but everywhere and comes with 0 gold.
Next idea was trying to let the main building itself, construct the mine which aint gonna happen obviously.

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
The ability "Entangle Gold Mine" must be in Necropolis' ability list. You must change the field "Data - Resulting Unit-Type" to the aforementioned structure.
The ability "Entangled Gold Mine Ability" must be in the aforementioned structure's list. Then it should work.

Level 29
I already did those, problem is with creation of the entangled goldmine structure, 'entangle goldmine' ability claims not to be in range even if i set it to extremely high number.
To debug that i read somewhere on this forum that its dependant on uproot, given it to the Necropolis, click on 'entangle goldmine' ability, target goldmine, nothing happens. (order cancels)

Status
Not open for further replies.